normal way of putting termalpast on GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpJaws

Solid State Member
well, i just bought a 6800GT from a friend for very low price, but when i set down to change the fan i noticed that Termalpast was not only on the black part of the GPU,it was also on the green surroundings, so i was worried, would it give any damage to the card?

did he reapply it himself or something? AS5 is the worst since it has bits of silver in it, but even cheap crap can still make those little circuits around it short each other....had that happen to a CPU...luckily it only made it highly unstable and didn't actually kill it.

You should probably reapply some and make sure you put a THIN evenly spread layer on the GPU

I always use some white spirit, but I heard bad stories about it, but it worked fine for my CPU. Arctic Silver can be a pain in the ass to remove.

emm, i removed most of them, now what is left is little thin around the tiny little chips on the green part, i am having troble with them :(

lol white spirit ! omg how is that gona work,? :beard: i am alergic to liquid on chips lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom