Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEagle20

Baseband Member
Ok i put all of ma stuff together according to the manuals provided. Turns out I have a few connectors on the mobo as well as coming from my psu that have no partner. Small really thin black one coming from a 4pin power line on the psu and some random ones on my mobo.

You don't always use all your connectors. Actually, I have yet to use all of mine.

The really small thin black ones are for SATA drives. Unless you have SATA drives, then you dont have to worry about that.

Random ones on the mobo? Are you sure they are for power, and not connectors for drives or fans or something?

By the way, Korkwin, your sig is too big. I would change it before the SigSanta visits you:D

ok I plugged the thin black one into my sata drive.. fit perfectly, but do I also have to plug a 4pin power into it? Also, the 4pin powers fit into the fan plugs.. do I use the SAME ones for my optical drive or is there a certain one that I need to be using for it

one more thing, I have a 500w psu with those connectors that will let you add another fan or w/e to a single line.. they are making my case look like ass. Would it be stupid/possible to clip them? They are annoying the piss out of me.

You dont need a 4pin connector for SATA drives.

You can use the same 4pin connector for the optical drives as the fans.

Dont cut your extra wires. Instead, you could tuck the extras above the PSU between it and the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom