Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Smee

Baseband Member
OK this happend on the weekend and I almost Shitted myself

I was installing my new heatsink so i was trying to remove THE GAY INTEL HEATSINK (stupid plastic latches)

The problem arose there my room is very hot this mad the intel heatpad on the CPU to Compleatly melt and ooze around the CPU forming a tight bond to remove the intel heatsink strait u need 4 flat head screwdrivers i only had 2 so i releast on side then the other i felt abit of resistance but not much. I look down so sse me CPU missing Then i looked on the bottom on the heatsink NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I must of screamed that for like 10 minutes I looked to see my CPU had been ripped out of the socet (lukly no pins broke but about 70 where bent at a 45 degree angle due to the way i removed the Heatsink half-half.

I then Spent the Next 2 hours with a toothpick and a 20x Mag glass rebending all my pins back to normal I finaly got it to fit back in the socket FEW!!! *a sigh of releaf*

But when i turned my computer on the cpu would not respond so i got pissed off then dissmateld the cpu and pluged it in again FOR SOME RESON PLUGGIN IT IN AGAIN WORKED. yay.
That night I ran Prime 95 for 12 hours without one Error and its been workin fine.

ok thats my story (happend this weekend) and ill hope i never do it again

just a few question

Is it posible that i have done some permanent damage to my CPU and havent noticed it yet?

Is there anything i can do to test if it is Damaged?

*I appualagise for poor the spelling and Gramma I wrote it in a rush (and hey its the internet)*

you need to make sure it runs for atleast 6 hours in prime95....if it does past that then you're good to go and I'd say you also got extremely lucky....I really don't see how you managed to get the thermal pad all over the processor though...

That would be my nightmare. I generally don't do anything risky with my system unless I have the money to replace a part if I damage it.

no i put it on correctly i am from Ausrtalia because it was a Pad my rooms gets to around 40dC and my CPU around 65dC i beieve the pad actually melted cos it wasnt like dat whe n i put it on

BTW i ran Prime 95 for 12 hours without an error

BTW i ran Prime 95 for 12 hours without an error
It's stable

BTW: man you REALLY need to get some better cooling, 40C in your room is freakin 104F!! My room stays about 75F on average about 22C or so....so you really need to beg your parents for a mini-swamp cooler or something. Having a computer in a 100F+ degree room is not good at all. I can't stand it when mine is 80F

BTW: man you REALLY need to get some better cooling, 40C in your room is freakin 104F!! My room stays about 75F on average about 22C or so....so you really need to beg your parents for a mini-swamp cooler or something. Having a computer in a 100F+ degree room is not good at all. I can't stand it when mine is 80F

I would be bare naked with only my panties on in that temp . I wouldn't be able to sleep all night :p :eek: :( :D :cool: :bald:

Every time I've taken out my heatsink(once to lap it another to install a new one) It rips the cpu out. But it always works afterwards. You shouldn't need to use a few screwdrivers, just pull vertically on it and it'll pop out even if the cpu is stuck to he bottom it came out right?

Thats pretty hot!!!! I would move the laz-e-boy in front of the fridge and sit there with the door open if I were you.

"Bed o' Needles!!!..."

One time, one of my pins broke off my processor, but it still works!! (I swear to God this is not a lie.) I'm even using it right now!! I even overclocked it 20mhz!! And it's an AMD K6-2!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

Every time I've taken out my heatsink(once to lap it another to install a new one) It rips the cpu out.
I don't even know the VB smiley code for shocked but lets just say I am....how do you manage to rip out the CPU everytime you remove the heatsink? I've never had a CPU just get 'ripped' out....but if you think about it..all that happens when you push the lever is it slides the pins between some metal within the holes that works kind of like a loose clamp....

One time, one of my pins broke off my processor, but it still works!! (I swear to God this is not a lie.)

I completely believe you...read an article about a guy trying to solder on a temp probe and broke off TWO pins.....how the people know what EACH pin does I dont know, but he's all "Well I just broke off the A28 and A30 pins which do this and that, so it's all good and the processor will still run" soooooo yeah I suppose you got lucky, but guess depending on what pin breaks off it'll still work...

ideas

maybe some actic silver 5 would help and make things not so bondable but rather conductive (i think thatsthe right word) but anyway, pulling out the cpu every time sounds crazy, you should be more careful or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom