Noobie question...about case fans in new case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereticiv

Baseband Member
I just bought a Cooler Max ATC-201c-SX case and it has 4 fans. My old case had none! (I just took the case off all the time). With this case I have an Antec True 430 psu. I also just bought a p4 3.2ghz and an Asus p4c800 deluxe mobo. I have not received any of this gear yet but I was wondering how I hook up 4 fans to both power and the motherboard, if I have to. I just don't know how all the cables will get to each fan without getting in the way of everything else in the case!

each fan has 2 connectors,..one connector to connect the plugs from the psu and the other to connect other devices of fans.

see the image i attached....the encircled white things are the connectors,....these connectors allow you to connect endless number of fans and peripherals(but i i wouldn't suggest that) to just one connector from the psu.

Attachments

• new compressed (zipped) folder.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 31
btw,..i wouldn't worry bout it too much if i were you,...you'll be able to get it,..the connectors attach one way,..so there will be no accidents or screw-ups.....just in case,...make sure yellow attaches to yellow and red attaches to red.

Do I have to attach the fans to the mobo at all. I heard the fans are very quiet and so why not just have then run at 100% speed the whole time? That would be better for cooling would it not. Can't I just plug in the power to all 4 fans and then that should be it! Right?

actually you posted this question on the other thread,..anyway, i think its better for the fans to get direct power from the psu.

i've read somewhere that you lower fan noise by lowering the fans rpm by connecting the ground(black wire) to the red wire. this will lower voltages supplied to the fan..lowering its rpm.

anyway,...better read further about this,..i'm not too sure,..it might screw up your system or something. i havn't really tried it.

i like my fans running 100% full voltages and all. i have this set-up with my first pc...8 case fans and it sounds like thundering f-22s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom