NOOB water cooling quesiton

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLeMuNdO!

In Runtime
i was thinking about water cooling my system, and i was wondering if you have to have a case thats specifically built for water cooling or if you can use an existing case for water cooling.

Either really, you can get a case with all the bits installed already, or just install the water cooling kit in an existing case. Larger cases make it easier to install components into though, especially the larger bore/high flow items.

Should be OK, you could mount the Rad outside the case if needed anyway, but a twin 80mm should go on the back two fan slots without a problem.

whatever you do, don't go for a cheap water cooling system. if youre going to go with a cheap one, you might as well get a great air cooling system for half the price, it will give you better performance. go with a swiftech kit or an aquarius III.

yeah, i have good experience with swiftech products, so i'll probably use their parts. do they offer all of the products required for a water-cooled system? i'd like to have an all-swiftech cooled rig.:)

also, i've seen a lot about the different sizes for water blocks and their piping (1/2", 3/8", etc.). i'm sure the size of the pipes and the block make a difference, but is it noticable?

Okay the swiftech water cooled kit that you would need comes with everything. Comes with pump, radiator and fan, 12 feet of 1/2 hose, all the fittings. The cpu block, and the fill/bleed valves. This setup runs about 180 bucks and i used to be able to see it on newegg buts it not there anymore. It does not require a tank and i find it to be the nicest and best working one out there. Its all internal and very high quality. The part number for the amd block is H20-8600-64. Retail on that kit is 221 but like i said you can find it for 180. There is also water blocks available for your video card and chipset. The system can be optimized for dual cpus or better cooling by adding a second radiator gaining 5 degrees less. www.swiftnets.com

i got a aquarius III. it does a kickass job and its really quiet too. Its really really easy to install. You cant mess it up. Since u want those 2 external, just get the aquarius III. everything comes with it. Check it out at www.thermaltake.com , it really does a good job. What i did with mine, is i added a extra fan and a extra radiator. I could fit it in the whole unit do i did not need to take anything out or w/e. There is a lot of space in there to do what ever u want in there. I would get it if i was u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom