Noob Question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

docHoLLida¥

Solid State Member
Sorry i am new to processors and have a couple questions. WHen comparing the venice 3200 and 3500, what kind of difference can i see while on my computer? I DO know that the 3500 is faster. But at what games,booting up, loading random stuff etc.???? Please give some examples. O and is the 3500 that much faster for the extra money, IOW = is it worth another 70 bucks?:confused:

This is pretty self explanatory, the 3500+ has more clock cycles and is even labeled as a higher performing processor, therefore it will perform slightly faster in every area of processing when compared to the 3200+.

As for is it worth it, it depends. The 3200+ can be bumped up to 3500+ pretty easily even if you have no idea what you're doing. If you simply want the better processor out of the box and don't mind paying more, get the 3500+. I would personally take the 3200+ though.

Well looking back now I personally would have saved even more money and just gotten a 3000+. I have a 3200+, I bought it since I knew it was a good overclocking and was pretty much guranteed to be a 3800+ with the right tweaks. I could probably rival a 4000+ right now just because of the extra memory bandwidth I've gained.

The 3500+ just isn't worth it since the 3200+ has the same core in it and as I said is pretty well guranteed to run at 3500 speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom