noob OC questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

impguardman

Solid State Member
Alrighty, I have been reading about over clocking for some time and I am interested in OC my CPU and possibly my Video Card.

I have a
amd 64 3500+
1gig ram
geforce 7600 gt

My computer is a HP Compaq system. It was an amazing deal. Obviously that Video Card did not come with it.

I tried accessing the Bios last night and I couldn't get in to make any modifications anywhere. Here is my mobo:

Amberine M Asus

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=1822601&cc=us&docname=c00496280

Can anyone give me any tips into how to unlock or access the bios and what I should be changing to get the processor towards 2.5 or higher.

Also what do I do about OC the video card if I can't access the bios. Its a XFX card if that helps.

Thanks.

hmm use rivatuner for ur 7600gt, not gonne get much, the cpu is what you want to OC

ASUS A8AE-LE

that is the name you shoudl go by for ur mobo.

sorry cant help you too much, try clockgen for fun(google it)

My friend has a emachine but to unlock the bios you have to flash it, but then your windows is not genuine anymore.. i got mine to 2.7ghz stable

nope I did not build the system. i bought a premade hp compaq computer with a amd 64 3500+, 1gig ram, and a poopy radeon xpress 200. anyways i didnt get any extended warranty and i opened it up and put in the 7600gt.

how do you go about flashing it so the bios works. and windows being genuine isnt that important is it?

after a few times of logging in, windows will stop you from loggin in.... happened to my friend.. just have to find the site of your motherboard and there will be instructions on how to flash

what do you mean by logging in? like it wont load up at all? also why would flashing the bios do that? and one last thing, on the site with my mobo it shows you how to clear the CMOS setting and resetting the BIOS password, what one is it that i want to be able to overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom