Baseband Member
i will start with my specs

athlon 64 3500+
msi k8nneof4 mobo
300gb sata cuda hd
2 gigs cheap ram
cooler master 500 watt ps
antec 900 case

ok so i thought i would play around with overclocking a little but i don't know much about it. a friend suggested i use a program to do it instead of winging it.
i used nvidia's ntune program and crazy things happened. i did the quick tune
(20 mins) program and it slightly overclocked everything. but anytime i tried to run a game at these settings i would crash. the next morning i turned on my comp to find out the ps2 keyboard port quit. so i used a usb board and went on.
using msi core cell to watch temps i found out it had set my cpu at 1000 mhz. should be 2200 mhz. the strange thing is my comp actually seemed to boot faster and stay cooler at this setting. wierd.
anyway when i couldn't get the ps2 port back or get my cpu to read right i rma'ed the board and uninstalled ntune. is there a good website for overclocking noobs like me? should i just leave it alone? thanks for any help.

one rule of overclocking a CPU:
never let a program automatically overclock for you.

You might get away with it for video cards, if you have a good program like ATITool, but never do it for CPU's.

Anyway, I do use Ntune from time to time, but I always change the settings manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom