Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
OK I never had that much experience but here is a noob question can you take out your processor that is in your mobo like to replace it or do you gotta get a whole new mobo and processor. I was thinking you can because you can get the bios chip off. Please help me.

yes u can take out the cpu (processor) and replace it aslong as it the same socket. But you cant put an AMD cpu in a Pentium mobo.

yeah have to be the same socket type, and you gotta make sure that your motherboard can support the cpu's speed. You can find that out at your motherboard manufacures website.

As everyone else said, you can depending on the new processors Socket and Operating Frequency..

Post your mobo and CPU, and we'll see what you could upgrade to without replacing your mobo.

Actually that is what I thought but on another thread it said you can't so i just made this up. I was almost sure that you could but heck why not better make sure though

Actually, interesting story, I was given a compaq a couple of days ago to fix up because it wasn't starting. After a couple of failed attempts, I decided to try removing and reassembling everything.

Upon removing the heatsink I found that the CPU was actually "glued" into the socket so to speak with some sort of adhesive so it couldn't be removed. I was thinking to myself, what a god awful idea.

Turns out the guy was using a magnetic screwdriver in the case to install a new wireless network card, and touched the motherboard, which thus fried it I guess. Oh well, I didn't see any use in some stupid socket that has its chip stuck in it anyways.

Hah, each prebuilt computer company seems to have equally stupid ideas now that I think of it. Most companies will at least bother to give a "recovery CD" with the OS and all their companies crap on it, BUT HP believes in a "recovery partition".

That's right, they store all the setup files on some sort of hidden partition. This means if you wanna replace a hard drive in one of them, you have to go through the trouble of buying another HP drive with a recovery partition on it as you can't copy the files or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom