Noctua NH-D14

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your running your grphics cards fans at 100%, if your nividias are anything like my Radeon, 100% fan speed is extremely loud. how come you dont get VGA coolers?

The base of the heatsink is already flat so lapping won't help it. Flat is Flat, I can't make it flatter. I may need to buy some sound dampening material, well see.

I just ordered the Delta's so I won't get them til Wednesday. That is the only way the heatsink will mount to my motherboard because of the size of the Northbridge heatsink.

I could easily downclock to 4GHz and increase my memory latencies which would drop my temps dramatically, but it would also reduce my performance so that is not going to happen.

With the Video Cards "over-volted" and heavily "overclocked" I had the fans at 100%.

PM me with your email and I'll send the wallpaper to you, there is no nudity.

The Kaze and the Delta you linked to are 38mm fans. They will not fit in the middle slot of the heatsink. And the 252cfm Delta is really overkill, there comes a point when all the additional air is of little benefit. With the (2) Silverstones I've got around 210 cfm, with (1) Silverstone and (1) Kaze (results below) I've got about 240cfm and the (2) Delta's will be producing around 300 cfm. Will see what they do before I buy any other fans :D

NH-D14 w/ Silverstone FM123 and Scythe Ultra Kaze

noctuakaze.jpg

Using the Ultra Kaze dropped my temps by 1 to 2 degrees C. I wasn't paying attention and I had LinX set to run 20 times instead of 20 minutes so I stopped the test manually after 20 minutes.

kazew.jpg

Holy crap those are good temps. Great job man, your lows are only 7c above mine at 4.2ghz (memory is at 2005mhz though). Thats amazing since your on air, keep up the good work Slay.

if your running your grphics cards fans at 100%, if your nividias are anything like my Radeon, 100% fan speed is extremely loud. how come you dont get VGA coolers?

I only set the fans at 100% when I'm overclocking for a high benchmark score. For everyday use I leave the fans at Auto. There aren't any aftermarket cooler available yet.

I was trying to make a 3DMark Vantage run at 4.4GHz and I kept crashing at the 1st Physics Test, then I crashed and corrupted my user profile. It screwed me up pretty good as I had to do a fresh re-install :cry:

lol i read somewhere that 60db is the equivalent to a plane flying overhead and 80 db is that of a fighter jet taking off, these things are getting loud lol. looking at the hardwarcanuck review i see itl be hard to make a after market cooler for he gtx480, its got a complicated design for one and the quality of the cooler is very very good for once as well.

^well the loudest rock concert ever was like 136db. Yet the average room with say 10 people in it is like 80-90 db. So its not too too loud.

lol i read somewhere that 60db is the equivalent to a plane flying overhead and 80 db is that of a fighter jet taking off, these things are getting loud lol. looking at the hardwarcanuck review i see itl be hard to make a after market cooler for he gtx480, its got a complicated design for one and the quality of the cooler is very very good for once as well.

Jet engine = 140dB

Normal conversation = 60-70dB

Hmmmmmmmm...
I'd like to see the MSI Afterburner running on those cards for about 10 minutes before you post up those temps. Still impressive tho
I think I'll swap out the 920 from my other rig and do a few tests/runs. See if I get similar temp results

edit: oh, I should post up pics of the fans I use in my OC runs too :p they're from a server at work lol and they are LOUD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom