No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainkurtis

Beta member
I just bought a barebones system on ebay. An ASUS P5P800 motherboard with a P4 530 3.0GHz processor and 400W power supply. It won't power up. When I push the power button the fans turn on for only a fraction of a second and then turn off. There is a power indicator light on the motherboard that stays on which leads me to believe the motherboard is getting power. I am thinking it it must be a problem with the power supply or the switch because even if there is a problem with the processor or something else the fans should still run shouldnt they?

hmmmm, thats weird, they run then turn off, it is probably a power supply problem, actually thats all it can be, did you switch the little setting on the back of it to make it 115V not 230V? Well i suggest either getting a new power supply but first try some other one on your pc.

i had this same problem on my old xp 2500 machine. it was the power supply, i think it was not giving enough power to keep the pc going. it sounds just like mine too cause it would turn on for a fraction of a second then immeadiatly off, and the light on the mobo would be on, like you said. i would recommend getting a new power supply, thats what i had to do.....

Put a new power supply in and she purrs. I'm off and running.
3.0GHz P4 Prescott
Asus P5P800 Mobo
2 x 512 MB PC3200 DDR
nVIDEA GeForce MX4000 Video Card

Thanks for the help everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom