no post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
ok well i just changed my motherboard and cpu. I currently changed it to a ASUS p4p800s and a intel 2.8 presscot 800FSB. It runs but its just a black screen. No post. Does anyone know what happened or how to fix this? i just got it today.. its brand new so i dunno what to do. There is no beeps eaither.. comming from the computer. But... what i noticed is that the CPU came in the motherboard when it came to me so maybe the guy shorted out the CPU when he put it in? i dunno

make sure the video card is seated correctly, check the monitor cable, see that it's secure on the video card.. if so, you might want to.. uhm.. check the mobo/cpu.. it would probably one of those.. right? *shrugs*

ok well i got it into bios.. but it is not decting any pri master boot device only slave.. So i duno what to do. When i boot up it says like please put in a correct boot device and restart the system or somthing like that..

Make sure on the jumpers that you have a master and a slave, you cant have two masters or two slaves (look on the HD or manual to find you jumpers and prim master and slave stuff)

i know. My 120 is a slave and my 40 is the master. But i think my HD got screwed up. I think static screwed it up when i took it out but im gonna get a new one tomorrow i guess.

but just 1 question.. i dont know a lot about HD's but.. if i get a new HD, will i beable to keep all my stuff on my 120? cause i have a lot of stuff on there i want to keep and i would not like to loose it. Would i need to like install a OS on the new HD im getting? how would this work?

Something problably got knoced loose when installed. Check your IDE and power cables on both HDD and on MOBO. Since you have new hardware installed (New MOBO) you may have to fix/reinstall the OS for your system to work properly.
Since you have one slave and one master, both should be connected on the same IDE cable/channel.
You may try and connect them one at a time as master and reboot to see if they are detected.
I know this sounds stupid but always start with the basics.

i did all of that except its not a new HD.. i didn;t get a new HD. Im getting one tomorrow though so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom