No need for speakers... Enable or Disable Onboard Audio in BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

earwicker7

In Runtime
My Alienware computer doesn't have a soundcard, but an onboard audio processor. I use a headphone amplifier that runs out of a USB port, so I don't need the speaker outputs. I disabled the onboard audio in my BIOS to see if my headphones still work, and they do. My question is, since I don't need 85.1 channel surround sound (sweet 2.0 is good enough for me, since I've got headphones that are top-notch studio quality), is there any benefit to having the onboard audio running? Will I get better performance with or without it enabled?

You will lose a tiny minuscule almost unmeasurable amount of processing power with the card on but not enough for you to notice without specialty measuring equipment.

BASICALLY you will not notice a difference with it on or off.

So, are there any benefits at all to enabling it? The way I look at it, if I get the same sound quality with it disabled, and it's not going to slow down the computer, there's no reason to enable it.

Thanks, my friend. That pretty much confirms what I thought, but it's good to get a second opinion to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom