No hard drive detected (SATA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
Hi

Ive just booted my computer and ive tried booting from my XP disc but it said there was no hard drive detected and i think its because i need to install SATA drivers. Ive got to the screen thats asking for the floppy disc (by pressing F6) but i dont have a floppy disc with the drivers :/

Where do i get them from?

Its a Seagate barracude 120GB hard drive.

Thanks

Ive got a support cd but the setup is asking for a floppy disc. Will it be ok if i take the files off the cd and put them on a floppy disc?

I made some floppy discs from the support cd and put them in and it did something. But its still saying no drive detected. Im now trying some SeaTools program but im not sure if its going to make any difference.

When i boot it starts searching for IDE drives and says something about fasttrack. THen it says no drive attached - bios not installed or something similar. Any ideas what thats to do with?

check the bios for a setting that tells it to use sata over ata I think you have to enable it manually.

Not only that, but you have to press F6 when you first boot from the disc, and it will ask for the SATA drivers, and you should have them on a floppy and use that.

Him said:
Not only that, but you have to press F6 when you first boot from the disc, and it will ask for the SATA drivers, and you should have them on a floppy and use that.
Tried that and no luck. When it says something about FastTrack it says something about Promise too. Ive disabled that now and gonna see if it makes any difference.

I cant find the drivers on the seagate website either. I was just using the ones tat came on the support cd.

Promise is the company that makes the sata controller on your mobo, I believe. Maybe you do not have the correct drivers. Also make sure that all the cables are plugged in nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom