No Difference...still Hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nu2duo

In Runtime
It's been 30min since I took out my stock hsf and installed a new ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro. I'm so mad right now! There is no difference in my pc temps!
With stock, I was idled at 38c to 43c. Right now I'm at 44c with the new hsf. WTF! I was expecting idle of say...31c-36c. Oh, and that's not even the bad part. I try to run Orthos and withing 20 sec I get the "fatal errors" warning.
Ok, I went back took out my mb, wiped the cpu and hsf clean of thermal paste and reapplied less(I did the grain of rice thing), reseated my hsf....and same da..mn results. Idles at 44c and can't even run Orthos for a minute.

I'm oc'd to 3.45ghz.
BTW, I used arctic silver 5.

Very very disappointed!

on a C2D? that sounds about right for an overclock like that to me. well it does sound about right to me for a 92mm cooler, you shoulda spent about 6 bux more and got a scythe ninja, or a tuniq tower. (forget price for that)

I run scythe, and im gessing idle was about 35, now thats my load (x2 3600+ windsor)

I hope someone corrects me if I am wrong but I believe you have a 100hr burn in period when using AS 5. You will start to see the temps drop over time.

I hope someone corrects me if I am wrong but I believe you have a 100hr burn in period when using AS 5. You will start to see the temps drop over time.

You're probably right. I truly figured that it would drop at least 5 degrees...minimum. I just reinstalled stock hsf and it's idle at 44c while my ambient temp is currently at 30c.

During the removal and cleaning of the freezer7 pro, I got very sloppy and got my finger full of as5 and accidentally got as5 under the cpu! I literally was sh.tting bricks thinking that I just f'd up my e6600.
Anyway, I reinstalled my stock hsf come to hook up everything and nada! I unplugged the pc, prayed to the virgin mary, and restarted my pc....IT STARTED!
I'm going to sell the freezer 7 pro on ebay. I only paid $25. I should have paid another $25 and got the tuniq. That's what happens when you're a cheap bastrd.

Bot2011 was right. It takes 100-200 hours for AS5 to cure, and the temperatures should drop. For example, on my old P4 computer, the idle temperatures were 50c with the stock HSF. I put AS5, and left the P4 on for about a week, turning it off and on, occasionally. After that, I noticed the idle temperature was at 44-45c.

yeah i notice that on my gtx when i put as5 on it it was 58 idle then when i put the as5 on it it was only like 56 then a few days later its 51 now :D

yeah i notice that on my gtx when i put as5 on it it was 58 idle then when i put the as5 on it it was only like 56 then a few days later its 51 now :D

Well, what concerned me the most is when I ran Orthos and got errors and computer shut down..and that's only after 20 sec. When I restarted, temps kept creeping up. At one point idle was at 50c. Heck no! I took that sucker out and reapplied less as5...guess what? Same thing happened.

So I'm here again working w/stock. Satisfied with it and I'll probably stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom