nForce4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent40

Baseband Member
Well...this might be a bit broad for a discussion at the moment.

I plan on building a cpu bit by bit over the next couple of months. Now my question is...what mobo looks to be the most promising (based on past experiences with the manufacturer) with the nForce4 chipset? I am looking for something that I won't have to upgrade for awhile so PCIe and DDR2 is a must.

I plan on finishing this system around Feb or March. How much do you think the AMD Athlon 64 4000+ will come down in price by then?

ABit or MSI for the board and regarding the price question, being that it's like $800+ right now I'd guess that it might go down to like....$600 if that depending on what comes out, how in high demand it is...etc..etc..

I recomend those boards too and i would wait a bit till you get the FX-55 chip. Wait for a faster clock speed and the chip that supports DDR2. Trust me youll want to wait.

and AMD dont support PCI-E yet so you should wait but if it was me i would just get FX-55 and best agp card there is

Still wait on the FX-55 till the price drops its not really worth it at the time being plus the next chip will have support for DDR2 and pcx. I would get the 6800GT.

The Nforce 4 will support PCI-E, but not DDR2. It will probably be a while until they do support it, too. DDR is fine.

yes DDR is fine but DDR2 when stabel will totally PWN anything right now. Just think of higher clock speeds, lower cas, and more stability. Plus DDR2 put together w/ SLI and pcx? I cant even think about the greatness!

Nvidia fan boy said:
yes DDR is fine but DDR2 when stabel will totally PWN anything right now. Just think of higher clock speeds, lower cas, and more stability. Plus DDR2 put together w/ SLI and pcx? I cant even think about the greatness!

DDR2 right now has terrible timings and latency issues. But in a few months i believe it will be worth it as the new mobos are coming out and it will be more supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom