NF7 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
NB and SB cooling is a must. i'm hitting 50C+ while playing games or something intensive on my NB. It's crazy...the stock NB cooling is a joke, you need active cooling on both NB/SB to keep them at a decent temp even without mods IMO.

http://www.microcool.it/img/1024/Northpole_foto_2.jpg

planning on getting that for NB, or the swiftech one. Have vantec iceberq solid copper on SB with 40mm fan. should have by x-mas i hope.

man I really don't want to remove my motherboard to put on another north bridge cooler :p you've seen my case pics, it's a pain in the BUTT to remove that thing. If I keep my NB at stock voltage it should be aright shouldn't it? BTW how are you recording your NB temps because I can't even read mine :confused:

And yeah Leonidas.....you were already pushin that RAM with 200FSB in the first place. That's a huge increase. Look at the SPD table in that screenshot. That chip is programmed to run at those speeds. It wants 2 timings on that one at DDR266 speeds! So you were WAY pushin the RAM on that one..... The computer definitely won't boot up if the RAM is completely fried which it sounds like yours is in this case if you've tried them seperately and still get nothin. If you bought them within the warrenty RMA them in and sound like a noob and your RAM just stopped working :p has always worked for me thus far.

Nubius said:
man I really don't want to remove my motherboard to put on another north bridge cooler :p you've seen my case pics, it's a pain in the BUTT to remove that thing. If I keep my NB at stock voltage it should be aright shouldn't it? BTW how are you recording your NB temps because I can't even read mine :confused:

stock voltage should be fine on the included cooler. i never even used it so i dunno how hot it gets. the day i got mne i pulled it off and put on a copper one b4 i installed it. my sensor for the NB is on the nforce2 SMbus LM75, speedfan detects it.

hmm, well I'm using motherboard monitor 5 and my only choices are Winbond 3, Winbond 3 2N3904, or Winbond Diode.

If I choose winbond 3 it'll say -48C and if I choose either of the other two winbonds it says 127C and of course the motherboard monitor Alarm goes off. I have no idea where it's getting it's readings from, but it's sure not the NB lol.....Temps between -48C and 127C......lol somewhere in that small margin is my actual NB temp :D

the ram is a pull from a gateway system so oh well, perhaps it is gone for good i was planning on 500$ for purchases of stuff for my comp this christmas i guess ill just get some nice ram and a 6600gt instead of 6800gt like i planned... and as for northbridge cooling, why isnt the stock one enough? especially at stock voltage...? oh well im gonna clear my cmos and let it sit for another day then try again, if nothing then im gonna order some RAM maybe that stuff you wanted nubius :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom