NF2 Cooling Patch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

4W4K3

Daemon Poster
Not sure if anyone here has this, thought i'd post it just incase. I have it running on my main computer and my GF's main computer (NF7-S and Epox 8RDA3+) and it has lowered idle temps significantly. (Note: This only affects Windows idle temp, boot-up temp is the same as usual, and load temps will be ~ the same for the most part) You have to have an NF2 chipset, and it's not 100% compatible with ALL boards, but i have yet to see anyone who couldnot run it.

http://www.newgenerationorder.org/files.html
(Look for the "nForce2 C0/C1/C2 Cooling Patch by The NGO Group" Link)

If i could host pictures i would show my temperatures in Speedfan, also have GF's temps...28C is my lowest, 30C on Epox and stock cooling.

I encourage you to try it out, could give you lower idle temps of 15C or more. Every C counts:D

hmmm, sounds interesting enough....I'm scared to try it though, I hate seeing stuff like "use by your own risk! author is not responsible for any damage." even though of course we see it all the time on OC'ing programs, but I know what those programs do, I have no clue what this does, but let me investigate more and perhaps I shall try it

EDIT: Aright, so I sucked up my nerve and installed :p I was sittin here and it took about 10 mins and it went from 34C to 29C, but I believe when I came home my temps were at 33C after it had been idling for hours, BUT when I got home I turned the CPU fan up a little higher, sooo I really won't be able to get an accurate measurement until I've left and let it really idle for a while under the same fan conditions. Atleast my computer still boots :p

interesting, i may try it....although, my idle temps are good, lowest i've seen it is 28c and on average during the day 31-33c. the only time i've seen it really high is right after playing games or when I ran prime95 for 6 hours. the highest i've seen mine is 51c and i don't like those temps. but hey, it'd still have a ways before meltdown. hahaha

yah i was skeptical too at first, then i tried it and was like "wow! it actually works!" lol. convinced gf to run it since she was running REALLY hot and it lowered her idle almost 30C...crazy. its freezing today outside (40F?) so my room is 69F...comp tis 32C lol...yay! winter is good:)

it works. lowered my idle temp by 3c as soon as it finished restarting. gunna post some more temps later.

xteam02001 said:
it works. lowered my idle temp by 3c as soon as it finished restarting. gunna post some more temps later.

how do you post pics? is it not possible to upload them from your HD? I don't have any webspace, used to just uploading.:(

room is 69F...comp tis 32C lol...yay! winter is good
Yeah my room is the same temps lol! my computer stays at the same temp as yours, crazy, I'm at 36C right now with room at 71.5F but all my fans are halfway because my case is loud. You haven't been here long enough 4W4K3 but I got a post in here of my 'case mod' where I decked it out with fans. 9 case fans, 1 tornado for the cpu, and 2 in the PSU, all nicely controlled by my Sunbeam Rheobus fan controller. In the 3 seconds I paused to think what I'd type next my temp dropped to 33C, but I still haven't left it long enough to see how well that patch works, especially since my computer stays rather cool when idling as it is so I really don't expect 10C drop cause I'm already at 30C when I let it idle.

how do you post pics? is it not possible to upload them from your HD? I don't have any webspace, used to just uploading.
I've always linked them =/ My dad and I run our own business from 27thavenue.com so I'm able to upload and link all my pictures from there :p I've never gotten the upload file from HD to work come to think of it, but you can attach a file by instead of replying with the box directly below all the posts go to the actual 'POST REPLY' button on the bottom right of the last post of the thread. From there you have the more advanced options and can attach a picture.

why would you want to decrease your idle temperature by a couple of degrees... just wondering.

Well this patch claims to drop the temp by up to 10 degrees...that's the main purpose, but other than that, it's part people just want the absolute coolest and part, if your computer is idling anyway, and in the case of 4W's gf here processer was running hot even at Idle temps so this dropped her temps which helps in the long run. It's always best to keep your processor cool, even if you're not using it, it just makes it's life that little bit longer I suppose :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom