newegg is pissing me off - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default newegg is pissing me off

i recently bought an nf7-s v2 mobo and an aftermarket heatsink from newegg, ordered it 3 days ago, and all was going well my order got processed and has been at step #4 for 2 days now, newegg had on their website that i would get my fedex tracking number at 6pm on the 18th, now it says 6pm on the 19th... and to boot their website wouldnt load for about 30 minutes today... whats happening to my favorite online retailer. i love newegg no doubt about it, but why are they giving me the run-around?

know this may be considered to be in the wrong forum, but im buying the mobo and heatsink to overclock so im gonna say its ok...

anyone else have problems like this?

The World is my trashcan and i intend to fill it...
Old 11-19-2004, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to sKaD Send a message via Yahoo to sKaD

nope, I keep ordering stuff of newegg almost everyday and my stuff is usually at my door in 3-7 days.

I have no complaints about newegg.

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/...4d/sig/sig.jpg
<font size=\"1\">System Specs:
<u>Work Machine</u>: Apple G5 w/ Dual 1.8GHz, 1GB PC3200 RAM, 180GB HDD - OS X.3

<u>Play Machine</u>: AMD Duron 1.6GHz, 512MB PC3200 RAM, 40GB HDD, Some Crapy Vid Card - Win XP Pro</font>
Old 11-19-2004, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

well this is the first time they've done it to me, last time 3 days and it was on my doorstep, this time 3 days and its not even shipped yet... i wouldnt mind except the website said it would be shipped yesterday and i would have my fedex code, and now nothing, and they bumped the expected time up a day again... it says this step should only be 1 day its taken 2 already...

Old 11-19-2004, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to sKaD Send a message via Yahoo to sKaD

i think your making this a bigger deal than it really is. Yeah, they had a hiccup or an error.. wow..

Don't fret.. you'll get your motherboard soon. Your just too excited or something and being impatient. Stop refreshing their site. Go out and play some soccer or something & calm down.

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/...4d/sig/sig.jpg
<font size=\"1\">System Specs:
<u>Work Machine</u>: Apple G5 w/ Dual 1.8GHz, 1GB PC3200 RAM, 180GB HDD - OS X.3

<u>Play Machine</u>: AMD Duron 1.6GHz, 512MB PC3200 RAM, 40GB HDD, Some Crapy Vid Card - Win XP Pro</font>
Old 11-19-2004, 01:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

hehe ive never played soccer, and dont plan to start... i am however getting some swords in off ebay today so i guess i can be satiated til then, if i have to ... perhaps its not so bad, im just anxious to get it in and start moving everything over to overclock...

Old 11-19-2004, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Yeah...when you expect something and it doesn't arrive in the normal/expected time...it's very annoying. I seem to get a lot of that when ordering computer parts throughout the web (you know, the best 'deals')...all the parts will get here but the one that makes it all worth while And for newegg, I agree, that's pretty bad (and they give no reason for it?) Though they have their fine print 'expected ship date'...gotta hate 'em!
Old 11-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

yeah I've never had a problem with them, half the time the package is at my door before I receive the tracking lol I've only once received a package on the day it says it's due, other than that they've always come a day early...

But you should just e-mail them....everytime something like that happens to me, I send an e-mail like 'WHERE THE HELL IS IT!' and within 5 mins the package is dropped at my door cause god likes to make me look like an *** like that so perhaps it'll work for you too lol
Old 11-20-2004, 02:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

well now ive got the track number it flew over from california this afternoon

Old 11-20-2004, 03:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to 4W4K3

bcuz i live in Texas it takes them a while to get stuff delivered to me. I actually blame FedEx though, bcuz newegg gets it to the FedEx depot within 1-2 days usually...then FedEx takes a week or more to actually deliver it to me. My RMA sat in Dallas FedEx Center for 2+ days (about a 1.5hr drive from where i live) and i was furious! i could have drove up there, picked it up, and drove home in like 4hrs max, and it took FedEx 2 days to do it for me.

My dad has NO problems with FedEx though. He orders flutes and instruments/music from across the world almost every month and he gets them very quickly (he does pay for REALLY expensive shipping though....as one flute he bought cost $20K)...i imagine they don't care for lil $100 purchases, only for the big ones lol.

Closed Thread