Golden Master
So I have my 3200 OCed from 2.0 to 2.4

240 fsb
5x HTT
1.5 vcore
2.7 ram
166 mem divider (ram at 200)
1.6 chipset

When I go above 240 it complains about not being able to read some file for booting windows....and sometimes it starts booting windows, then flashes a blue screen and reboots.

Does this mean this is the farthest I can take my CPU?

Temps are very reasonable....about 24C idle, never above 35 full load.

I've tried going to 2.5 with vcore at 1.55 and mem at 150 divider with no success....windows won't boot.

Suggestions? I don't think the ram is holding me back because it's always around 200mhz...and previously I had my system OC'd at 220 with 1.425 vcore, 1:1 divider (ram at 220mhz) no problems.

1 more thing...people say that my 3d card (see sig) OCs very well....stock is 485/1100...I have it to what it says in my sig. If I go past that it doesn't complain in rivatuner..but locks up in games (no artifacts, just locks).

Temps never go above 59c (which to my understanding is well within the reasonable limit)

AND...1 other thing....when I had my PC at the stock 2.0 ghz but with the 3d card at 502/1245 I only scored a 5009 in 3dmark05.

wtf. why? This was under Win2k and I've noticed that all my games run more smoothly under winxp x64....just been too lazy to rerun it.

Any suggestions?

First things:

HTT multi (LDT) should be at x4. You want to keep HTT x multi to be close to, but not more than 1000. Right now you have 240x5 = 1200, too high.

Second, make sure you have locked PCI-e and PCI at 100/33 respectively.

After you have those things sorted out, go from there.

oh my bad. HTT is at 4x! Sorry...stupid typo.

Anyway I looked around for locking PCI-E.....I couldn't find the option? I have a DFI Infinity NF4....not the ultra.

I think the PCI-E is automatically locked. You want to keep the HT frequency around 1000 but you can usually get away with a bit more. I've got mine at 1200 right now but that's the limit. You don't need to raise the chipset voltage, it doesn't really increase stability. First you want to find out how far your CPU can go. Put the ram down to 100MHz for now and just keep on bumping up the FSB. You'll find your CPU's max speed. Then it will put things into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom