Newbie modder

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggydali1965

Solid State Member
I am relatively new to system mods but would like to speed up the operation of my system and would like some advice on how to go about it.

SYSTEM Athlon 2000+ processor K7T Turbo2
MSI mobo MS-6330V5
512 Mb PC133 ram
GeForce4 MX 420 graphics

I am not a gamester but use Photoshop and Internet. Would I need a mobo upgrade to run faster RAM as I don't think overclocking is the answer?
:confused: :confused:

if you don't like overclocking your system...i'd say change your ram. read your mobo manual or go to the manufacturer's site to see if your mobo supports higher ram frequencies.

I don't really know much about frequencies but I think mine is 266mhz ... do you mean that I can raise it with the bus speed and multiplier ( wouldn't that be clocking ! ), changing the RAM for a faster type using my existing MOBO or buying a newer better MOBO that supports DDR Ram? Apologies if I sound like a retard, I'm just interested that's all

your system is already fast for its purpose,...since you said that youre not a really a gamer,...so i would suggest that you get/buy new ram. you indicated that you have a 512mb pc133...i'd suggest you get a ddr pc 266 or a 333 or a 400,..if your mobo supports those rams. you already have good graphics card ,...what you need is higher ram to allow faster loading times

If I do decide to buy a new mobo, which would you suggest. There seems to be so many. I would want a noticable improvement for my money. ( mobo, ram and cpu )

Asus / Soyo / Abit

are all relativly good mobos and a good place to start looking for what you need.

then get asus, abit, and soyo ..as GUY suggested....gigabyte is also good.....

after deciding which one you want,...then you can now go and scout for RAM and CPU that would compliment you mobo's performance and specs....this has always been the most effective way to build/assemble/upgarde a pc...always start with the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom