newbie at building a pc...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
website with tutorial
buy thermal paste along with your aftermarket cpu fan
this increases thermal conductivity and costs about 5 bucks
get arctic 5 cheap and good stuff read all manuals too really help a lot and just basically use common sense

oo and for my sound card shouldnt i get the sound studio blaster thing instead of the Abit "AN8" NVIDIA nForce4?

wow sad ok abit an8 = motherboard repeat after me motherboard x800xl = video card repeat after me video card

thermal paste is not glue it is a silicone based substance correct me if im wrong that conducts heat better than metal from one surface to another.

abit an8 mobo = motherboard

amd 3200+ (winchester core) = cpu

x800xl gfx card (radeon) = graphics card

ooorrrrr -EVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB DDR3, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, AGP 8X, Model "128-A8-N350" -RETAIL
(http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-130-220&depa=0)

soundblaster 2 zs = sound card

sata 80gig hdd = hard drive

nec dvd burner = optical drive

nec cr rom = optical drive

floppy drive black = floppy drive duh

case aspire x-plorer = case or tower

power supply antec neopower = power supply

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail = ram or random access memory

lol thats all great i understand the parts im getting but correct me if im wrong but doesnt paste mean an adhesive material that bond things?
if im not pasting things together what am i doing with it?

alright diablo thank you.

the 1st case looks sweet, but it doesnt have the bad ass lights n shit.
and the 3rd one is also awesome. definitelty one of the bests if not the best ive seen so far, but u have to plug all the external stuff like the monitor and speakers from the top. so out of the top of the case itll have all these wires commin out.
yeaa that doesnt excite me that much.

are these cases more airodynamic or something like better fans?

no no no no the top ports are just for headphones and usb and firewire meant to plug peripherals into like a camera or flash drive not for monitor that is still in the back dont worry. Those cases are just a little bit nicer than the aspire. I dont really like them becasue i have seen them and they have far too much plastic on them and can break very easily but this is just what i have seen.

hahahahaha
ooooo alright
yea thats a pretty clever design.
yea i dont want it to be too plasticy.
i like some steel.
is there anything inparticular that seperate those cases from the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom