Newb Help with Clearing Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCC Fan

In Runtime
Can anyone give me a step by step guide to clearing BIOS? pictures would be extraordinarily helpful. i'm a newb in this field so details will also help. thanks a bunch in advance.

i guess flashing bios.

No not flashing the BIOS...this is completely different.

step by step guide to clearing BIOS?

He said to 'clear the BIOS' so why would you think flashing? Flashing a bios is not 'clearing it Elbatrop... although yes the technical term is 'clearing the CMOS' which will then bring you to default BIOS settings OCC...

Read my response in your other thread. All these questions of yours can be answered with your manual. This is why you don't just 'up and buy' a motherboard because you want to upgrade. You need to know what you are doing or atleast plan on reading a lot to fully understand it. Every motherboard is different and so therefore so will be the placement of the jumpers you need to arrange...which are usually near the battery....CHECK YOUR MANUAL...they don't make those things just for sh!ts and giggles....

If you are saying 'I Guess flash the BIOS' then obviously you have NO clue what you are doing and I suggest you READ READ READ oh hell one more READ a LOT more than you have because you seem to be quite in the dark my friend. Not trying to offend you, but we're talking electrical components here that are not just toys for kids......

ur right, i don't know what i'm doing, thats why i'm trying to get help, i don't have the manuel and i didn't upgrade my motherboard, its a new case, that i'm putting my motherboard in.... ur right i am a kid and i'm tryin to get help, it would be real nice if i could.

I know man, we're trying to help you out here, but you also have to go about in helping yourself out. You can't just sit and rely completely on the forums. Building a computer is all about reading multiple sources....you should have said you didn't have your manual...if that's the case...then you need to check out your manufacturers website...unless someone here has that exact same board as you how are we supposed to help you out with what goes where? As far as clearing the CMOS you'd get much faster answers if you'd simply go to google and type in "Clearing the CMOS" and within the first 2 links you'd have your answer. You gotta help yourself sometimes as we can only do so much. There are a lot more questions which require serious troubleshooting and a lot of people ask everyday on how to do things such as clearing the CMOS , flashing a BIOS, or connecting the right pins...

Google...
Manual (if you have one)
Manufacturer website....
Tech-Forums

That's the order you should go in when looking for answers regarding the questions you're asking at this point. I'm not trying to be rude, but please realize you need to do some investigative work of your own. You have to meet us halfway here. The best thing to do in the situation of switching cases is to first look at where your current pins where...but I'm assuming you just removed them because you were excited about the new case? Well without us actually being there, you with no manual...we can't help..

You need the make and model of your motherboard as well as the manufacturer and check out their website as they have downloadable manuals.

I was never calling you a kid whether you are or not....I was merely telling you these things are not simply kids toys.

this is what i have done so far:
+found online manual for my motherboard (does not state anything about clearing Bios, it says how to clear CMOS)
+worked 20+ hours in the past 5 days on this.
+ asked friends, neighbor's, friend's parents who work at Sisqo
+ searched for guides on clearing bios and everything i had problems with
+ asked questions on TF

i think if i clear bios i will solve the problem. but i don't know how to do that, and thats what i'm trying to find out right now.

(does not state anything about clearing Bios, it says how to clear CMOS)

Aright soak that quote in..that one is from you...now I'm going to post a quote of mine...

He said to 'clear the BIOS' so why would you think flashing? Flashing a bios is not 'clearing it Elbatrop... although yes the technical term is 'clearing the CMOS' which will then bring you to default BIOS settings OCC...

Make sense yet? You're getting your things mixed up man. Clearing the CMOS is precisely what you want......you aren't 'clearing the BIOS' you are resetting the BIOS information in this instance, and yes I said reSET not SEAT this time.....resetting the BIOS is Clearing the CMOS....Flashing the BIOS is considered 'Updating your BIOS' so you need to differentiate between the two.

+ asked friends, neighbor's, friend's parents who work at Sisqo

This means nothing. What kind of certs do they have? A+ Cert means absolutely nothing these days so if they only have that, then needless to say they've been pretty useless and if they do have an A+ Cert they should be able to easily troubleshoot this.

+ searched for guides on clearing bios and everything i had problems with
Again you aren't clearing the bios...you are clearing the CMOS......in terms of BIOS you can only UPDATE it which is flashing it..which is NOT what you need to do at this time...."Clearing the CMOS" I already told you once to search for that through google and it'll tell you how to find it....also..

(does not state anything about clearing Bios, it says how to clear CMOS)

we told you you needed to CLEAR THE CMOS from the beginning so you shoulda made a 2 and 2 equals 4 kind of connection there man.

+worked 20+ hours in the past 5 days on this.
Welcome to the world of computers and troubleshooting. I know for you that seems a lot but trust me I've done far more many hours troubleshooting and days on end trying to get a computer to work so working hours and days like that is something you'll need to gain patience in.

i think if i clear bios i will solve the problem.....

Well we haven't gotten to that part yet so we're not sure if it will, but lets assume it will fix your problem. But what you SHOULD be saying and thinking is....

i think if i clear CMOS i will solve the problem.....

........it says how to clear CMOS)

There's your answer to your 'I dont know how to do it' part.

Again......clearing the CMOS is NOT the same as 'clearing the BIOS' there is no such thing as 'clearing the BIOS' you clear the CMOS to reset the BIOS.........other things you can do to the BIOS is update it which is known as flashing.....after you do a BIOS Flash....generally...you then have to 'Clear your CMOS' you see what I'm saying?

You DO NOT however have to flash your BIOS and at this point I wouldn't even attempt it because more than likely you'll just kill your board and turn it into a paperweight..because if you flash your BIOS wrong...then the computer is useless....you can not do this 'clearing the CMOS'

alright dude whatever. askin u is no different than askin anyone else, i'm open to all opinions and ideas because i'm really confused. yes, i'm a sophomore in high school, i get home at 330. i've worked 4-5 hours each day on this for the last 5 days, i consider that alot given the curcumstanes i'm in, and i really don't appreiciate it when someone comes and gives me bullshit bout hey welcome to the world of computing, or sumtin like, are they A+ certs? because i don't give a damn bout that, i just need help.

and i really don't appreiciate it when someone comes and gives me bullshit bout hey welcome to the world of computing, or sumtin like, are they A+ certs?

Hmm that's funny...cause I coulda sworn that whole time I was saying...aright do you see what I mean? or saying Hey man..spending hours on a computer is sometimes what it takes...welcome to the world of computing...if you think that's someone giving you bullshit you'll never survive in the real world.

I broke down what you did and told you why it didn't work and what you should have done instead. Don't get pissed at me because your so called 'Sisqo' friends turned up useless...

Oh yeah and beyond that...I believe not only have I tried to help you in this forum with extensive long posts, but in your other thread as well......so again...child......you need to get your sh!t straight.

askin u is no different than askin anyone else

Yeah...when you're a hard-headed punk who says 'Whatever dude..' and doesnt listen it'll seem that way. The difference between me and your 'Sisqo' friends is that the things I'm telling you.....will help you...you just choose not to listen because I'm not sugar coating the fact that you aren't listening in the first place.....I'm crude..I'll tell you that straight up...I give you answers...simple as that....how you get those answers is all up to your attitude and your so called openness to opinions and ideas. If you start acting like a child, I'll treat you as such.

lol I'm giving you help and it's your 'Im a highschool sophomore attitude' thats prompting you to say 'Whatever dude....' such an easy conclusion to come to. If you're open to all opinions and ideas then why are you coming back on the offensive. I've more than answered your questions, probably done more research on YOUR board than you have in the entire week....given you multiple resources...gotten your info straightened out....and basically told you straight up......you will spend hours troubleshooting computers so yes I stand by my 'welcome to the world of computing.......or something like that' .......please child...get your head out your ass and listen to what I and everyone else has been posting and you would have already have had this figured out.

I have given you no bullshit and have given nothing but patience (which has worn thin) and information for your needs If you don't want it...then troubleshoot it all on your own since you know better

i get home at 330. i've worked 4-5 hours each day on this for the last 5 days, i consider that alot given the curcumstanes i'm in,
And this means what to anyone besides you? Try coming home from WORK and then troubleshooting a computer for more than 4 or 5 hours and definitely more than 5 days....so quit your whining about that cause like I said:

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF COMPUTERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom