New system wont boot, help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runnin Scared

Beta member
ok well, bought new components, put it all together, plug it in and it wont startup... the LED is green when i have the PSU on. but when i hit the button on the front of the case.. it does nothing, i checked the wiring to the motherboard from the case already, and that seems fine. i do hear a clicking tho coming from the PSU when i push the button on front of the case. then when i push it again, i dont hear it. if i switch the psu off and then back on and push button again.... same thing... click and then no clicks.

any help would be greatly appreciated...

specs:
PSU: 600w enermax noisetaker series
CPU: amd 64 3800+ venice core
MOBO: asus a8n-sli deluxe
vid card: BFG 6800 ultra OC
ram: corsair xms series pc3200 2x512
heatsink: thermalright xp-120 w/ panaflo l1a
HD: western digital raptor 36.7 gb
all wrapped up in a thermaltake tsunami dream series case

i just looked at a guide saying to pull the motherboard out and run the hardware bare minimum out of case... so i pull it out, have the CPU/HSF, vid card, memory in, and i look over... my 12v connection to the motherboard isnt in correctly..lol...i didnt even notice bc my damn thermalright xp-120 is so huge i couldnt see anything so i plugged her in right, and everything started running... only problem now.... black screen check video cable signal. i tried with 2 different monitors

What are these "spacers" you guys talk about? I have these little mounts that stick in little square holes in the motherboard tray... is that what you mean?

yes, those are the spacers hes talking about. but in my case they are brass screws that screw into the case chassis that you screw the motherboard onto and hold the motherboard up off the case so you dont ground it out...

now heres a crock of shit... i call BFG tech for my check video signal error and they say i need to get another PCI-e video card for my computer so i can update my bios for it to recognize my 6800ultra card..... or exchange it with another 6800 ultra from tigerdirect.....brand new vid card. what a waste

Runnin Scared said:
yes, those are the spacers hes talking about. but in my case they are brass screws that screw into the case chassis that you screw the motherboard onto and hold the motherboard up off the case so you dont ground it out...

A ha... I always thought stand offs were plastic. My Lian li case has these:
standoff320.jpg

then there were some of these which had threading on them... this was around 1998 though.
STANDOFFsmall.jpg

I do know those brass ones though - they are evil. I like when you try to unscrew a board, and the brass thing rutns along with the screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom