guy101

Baseband Member
hey guys i just went out and brought a new pc 2day, the specr as as follows:
MoBo - Abit NF7-M
CPU - Athlon XP 2000+
MEM - 256mb KINGSTON DDR pc-2700
HARD DRIVE - 40gb IBM DESKSTAR 7200rpm
DVD-r - Pioneer DVD-RW

ive set it all up and everything looks fine. When i am installing windows XP home, its on the first blue screen and when it says "starting windows", the whole pc turns off...
any of u guys know whats wrong with it??

Try it with a barebone system (1 stick of RAM, 1 HDD, 1 CD) and see if it does it again. If it doesn't then plug in the rest of your equipment one at a time.
This may be caused by bad memory, hardware, PS. etc...
Make sure all your fans are up and running on startup.

it only does have the bare essentials plugged in, motherboard, cpu, 1 hdd, 1 cd, 1 stick of mem.

when it shuts down it makes an alarm sounding..
im totally clueless about it, should i try my other pcs mem, cpu one at a time in the new pc?

OK DDR memory has to be installed with 2 sticks in the same tandom, I had that problem once, I had one stick of DDR and i got the same shit as you and then someone turned me on that I needed 2 sticks of DDR to run and it worked fine ever since. So just buy another stick of DDR and you should be good to go.

well i took everything apart, and replaced each part one by one in my working pc, to try and find the cause.
I have decided that the motherboard was shorting out somehow, so after putting everything back in place it is working fine. i dnt understand what you are talking about, needing 2 sticks of mem??? coz it is working fine with 1 :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom