New PC, newbie pc builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanortego

Solid State Member
Hi guys,
I'm obviously new to this forum. Thanks everyone who replies to this topic. Well i know how to assemble a pc. Right now i have 2 pc's. One emachines 2.5GHz celron processor with 256mb ram. and my babe is an AMD 750Mhz 512 mb ram. I just put a BFG fx5500 oc into it too. It runs alot alot alot faster than my emachines even though its 1/3rd the processor. So i think im going to stick with AMD's.

My budget is less than 500$ as i already have cd/rw and dvdrom drives. And i already have that bfg fx5500 oc 128mb which i got for 49.99. I got a 400 power supply made by duro(probably a POS) so i will get a new power suply.

what i need is a:
motherboard
cpu (fan and heatsink also)
case
powersupply
RAM

i am keen on gettin a AMD 64 bit processor. I was looking to spend the following
200$ on processor
100$ on mobo
50$+50$ on case and power supply
100$ on 1gb ram

Tax returns coming soon so thats my budget.
Let me know what parts you guys suggest. The games i like most are red alert 2 and the rest of the red alert series, unreal tournament's and counter-strike. Will my comp run these games nicely? All help ismuchly appreciated.Thank you
regards
Ryan

get the 3200 instead, and i think you can get corsair value ram 1gb for same price as kingston, much better

Don't get that - cheap psu's mean you will pay later.

Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ and there are a couple of others that are good as well, but those three are the cream on the cake.

I would stick with the 3000 as there isn't much difference in performance (unless the price is almost the same, than you might as well go for the 3200.)

For future upgrades, you may want to get a more powerful video card, but the 5500 will be fine for a while.

you need a new gfx card

but anyways, try getting a thermaltake 480W or antec truepower (anything over 400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom