New pc, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Jay

Solid State Member
Hi, I need help urgently, i have just built my own pc and have tried to boot it up, but after attempting to boot it up it shuts down after glimpsing the main start up screen?

Any suggestions would be very helpful as i have a brand new pc and cant do anything with it :(

thanks,

adam

What main screen are you talking about? The one that says "ASUS" or a Windows start up screen?

well i can only glimpse but its the asus one, the very very first one, i havent even got round to installin windows yet

thanks, but you now see the prediciment im in, because i cant get my hands on it :( so annoying.

This is how your PC boots:

BIOS -> POST -> MBR -> Operating System

Sooo basically this is what is happening:

When you press power, the BIOS runs POST (Power On Self-Test) which tests all of your critical hardware components to verify that everything is working properly. POST then exits and the MBR (Master Boot Record) is loaded to seek out where the operating system is. If there's no operating system, your computer will either halt or reboot.

Load up your BIOS setup (DEL key at startup during the Asus screen) and check to make sure that your boot order boots the cdrom before the hard drive, and then put the windows CD in your cdrom and reboot. Install Windows and all will be fine.

Well i dont know whether im just been too slow but i cant seem to get into the bios when I hit the delete key. But you just think its halting because it cant find where my OS is? if so this is great as i thought it wud be a greater problem than that. I will give it another go when im at my mums house on friday, and try get into the bios before it shuts down.

thanks alot for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom