new Pc LenD a HanD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMachine

In Runtime
what should I do ?

Got my NEW rig up JUST now. It's fasssssssssst wow. wow. It's so much fun installing things. It's like zooooooooooooooom! Here are my specs. I was wondering (I'll be looking at knowledgeable posters :D as I am very nervous to have anything go wrong!) what performance enhancements like BIOS or something else I can do and play around with.. KEEPING IN MIND NOTHING DRAMATIC OR *RISKY.

Also, it's avg 73-77F inside the case... This is decently alright?

NEW COMPUTER SPECS!:

> AMD X2 4600+
> 2GB Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Performance DDR2 RAM
> Gigabyte M55SLI SLI/1394
> 300GB SATA 7200 8MB Cache Seagate SATA ll
> (2) Geforce 7600GT - 256M PCI-E SLI*
> Windows XP Media Center Edition
> (5) 80MM Neon Green Case Fans w/drive power connector
(2 air-in from; 1 air-in sidecar; 2 air-our rear)
> Thermaltake 700 Watt PS
> Sony DVD +- R Dual Layer
> Sony DVD ROM
> 12'' Neon Green Cool Cathode Light
> Creative 5.1 Sound System
> Xtreme Sound 7.1 / 24 bit
>> using 'GreenMachine' Case, 19" NEC LCD MultiSync 90GX2 OptiClear, Razer mouse and pad, hp psc 1350 all-in-one, and standard HP keyboard.

-Recommended benchmark programs and things of this nature to test out her strength :D ?
-Just downloaded 3Dmark '06

TELL me if you think overclocking here wouldn't really be worth it. example... performance wouldn't be noticed.. life of part might/will decrease.

CMOS Setup Utility
MS Intelligent Tweaker

-- CPU Frequency [200]
will go to just over 400 max

--PCIE Clock [100Mhz]
will do 150 max

--CPU Clock Ratio [Auto]
x5 - x12 max

--Robust Graphics Booster [Auto]
there's Fast then Turbo

..then there's voltage settings. 3 or 4 changeables

warmest I've seen it running 3Dmark, and when installing 3 things at once..
at 78 degrees F,
or 25.555555555555557 degrees C .

I'll let you know more of MCE when i really explore and have greater ability to compare/contrast. So far it has exceeded my expectations.

*I enable SLI mode in my settings and PCPITSTOP says RedFlag Serious Problem, but then i take it off it's good to go... ?

I can tell you first off to leave the PCI-e clock at 100MHz, as it could fry your cards if you mess with it.

As for the CPU, read the overclocking guide at the top of the forum. ;)

Thats a nice system you built there, GOOOO AMD :D

If you dont know what your doing then dont OC it, im not sure why you want to after you just built it anyway, it should be fast enough for anything you throw at it, even mine is ;)

Oh whats your 3DMARK 06 score?

yeah green machine!
man i bet that thing smokes. the temps you listed are great!
im curious, is that cpu an ee (energy efficient) model? i cant remember if they made a 4600 or not, i dont think so tho.
dude of course overclocking is worth it, lol! but you need to read up and get an idea of the principle. it is very difficult to permanently screw something up while overclocking.
okay, you need to overclock because:
1) i need to see how high that x12 multi will let you go.
2)i'd like to see how far that gigabyte board will let you go (been thinking about getting a new mobo)
3)dude if you dont o.c. with that ram you're crazy. you can probably stabilize that stuff at well over 500mhz if it's ddr2 800.
hahaha so you need to overclock and give me some info hahaha...
congrats on your new rig! lemme know if i can help you tune that beast up.

Not too shabby (except those twin 7600's... ouch). Have you tried running 3DMark05 yet? I want to see how yours goes up against mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom