New to Overclocking *Need Help*

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
I am looking to overclock my new rig which is in my signature, but I have never overclocked before and have little experience in third party bios. This is my first build also :p. I would like to overclock my Q9450 to around 3Ghz. So if anyone is willing to help I am willing to listen to your suggestions. Here is my CPU-Z:

Dude your Q9450 could probably go to 3.0ghz with just an FSB Increase... You can easily get away by increasing your FSB to just 375 and you're set (just stress test, in case you got a high VID unlucky chip)

Can you walk me through on how to change the FSB to 375? I am new at messing with BIOS, the only BIOS I have messed around with are Dell bios's and they have no options lol. I don't want to fry my new parts :p

I'm not familiar with that BIOS, I'm pretty sure its under Temperature and Voltage Controls or something like that, change it so that from 333 its 375... I don't know where though!

Just read your motherboard manual first; there should be a description of your bios options.

Look for something that says 333, thats the one you need to replace with 375

where it says FSB (qdr) mhz you need to change it to 1500. Nvidia 7 series chipsets show it quad pumped unlike intel.

Alright I did alot of research yesterday and got it to 3.2, but I wanted to see if you guys think my settings are alright. Also realtemp isn't reading my 45nm quad correctly, or atleast I don't think it is reading it correctly, here is the picture:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom