New to Overclocking, any help is awsome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whizkey

Beta member
Hello All,

I have been thru many boards and tons of time on overclocking a system that i am ready to jump off a bridge. I have built computers for several years now including working at a Mom and Pop store. I know what I am doing in that regards, My question to everyone now is in the realm of overclocking..

My system I have now i built a few months ago and I am now interested in overclocking it just a little bit for now. I dont know how to put the kewl links in so I will do my best to describe my system.

All parts I got from Newegg.com sooo.and sorry for my cut and paste but I want to get as much info to you all as I can.

Case= COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKR3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case Real Power Pro 1000W Power Supply

Mobo= ASUS CROSSHAIR AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Proc.= AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duelcore 6400+ Black Edition 3.2gig

Proc. Fan = ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 120mm 2-ball UFO Bearing / Transparent CPU Cooler

RAM = G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

(I went with 8 gig of ram because I want to get XP 64 or vista64)

Video = EVGA 512-P3-N841-RX GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready
( I am runnin this in SLI)

I have a generic sound card at the moment but going to get a Creative Labs, I also have 2 generic dvd/r's and 2 regular sata 250g(i think H/D's)

My first question is what would be the best way to do a small overclock on my system and second is would anyone rec. XP64 or Vista64 ??I have tried to keep up with alot of posts on overclocking this or that, but it does get intense to someone new to the game =) Any help or recommendations would greatly help with software or hardware. I have floated around the bios and like i said not totaly a newb..

Many Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom