New motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudvayneSG

Solid State Member
i know its not the greatest motherboard, but i recently got a Gigabyte GA-7S748-L. I like the utilities it came with, and plan to overclock my cpu to at least 2 ghz from 1.8 if i can.

If you do, I recommend using the old-fashoined bios method of OC'ing...not the easy tune program. Also, gigabyte boards can be finicky with aggresive ram timings, so you may want to watch that in your benchmarks and run a ram test after playing with timings.

ok, ill do that. could u help me out a biton overclocking, i havent overclocked b4. i dont know if you have to keep the fsb at factory or what, and i know to increse slowly and that fsb is the same board wide: ram, processor, etc.

There are alot of great posts here, and articles on the web, about OC'ing...you can run a search to find out more. Run a search here, using the words "XP 2200" and also "xp overclocking". You will find lots of good info.

I've never owned an AMD, only Intel, so I wouldn't be as familiar with that setup, but alot of peeps on here use AMD and overclock quite a bit. I'm sure they'd be willing to help with specific qurestions, once you familiarize yourself a bit with the basics of overclocking. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom