New mod Case - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default New mod Case

Hey,

I was looking at purchasing a new case to play around with/mod, and so far I've managed to find this case:

Beige Full Tower ATX Computer Case, 5x 5.25", 4x 3.5" - http://www.btecanada.com/images/FullTower.jpg

Its not the ideal case I want, I would much prefer something along the lines of Aspire's one that he managed to find:

Older Enermax Server Case - http://www.forumapex.com/attachments...e-prtcase1.jpg

However I'm limited too buying stuff that is shippable to Canada(As I reside here), I want a tall tower case and preferably with a door but I have yet to be able to find something on Craiglists or Kijiji. Or tigerdirect or similar sites. My first case looks tall enough, I emailed to get the dimensions since they weren't posted but it lacks a door which I wan. Tho I could simply fashion a door but I'm not sure how that would turn out. Anyone know something that matchs what I'm looking for?

Old 06-11-2008, 02:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Default Re: New mod Case

My best advice is to just keep browsing craigslist.

You can also check with electronics recycling companies in your area, and or local pc shops.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 06-11-2008, 03:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh View Post
Hey,

I was looking at purchasing a new case to play around with/mod, and so far I've managed to find this case:

Beige Full Tower ATX Computer Case, 5x 5.25", 4x 3.5" - http://www.btecanada.com/images/FullTower.jpg

Its not the ideal case I want, I would much prefer something along the lines of Aspire's one that he managed to find:

Older Enermax Server Case - http://www.forumapex.com/attachments...e-prtcase1.jpg

However I'm limited too buying stuff that is shippable to Canada(As I reside here), I want a tall tower case and preferably with a door but I have yet to be able to find something on Craiglists or Kijiji. Or tigerdirect or similar sites. My first case looks tall enough, I emailed to get the dimensions since they weren't posted but it lacks a door which I wan. Tho I could simply fashion a door but I'm not sure how that would turn out. Anyone know something that matchs what I'm looking for?
What's your budget?
the Lian Li PC-A71 is a great case
I have a PC-A70 (doorless version), which I modded for watercooling
Old 06-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

right now i can just buy w/e so really the budget does not exist. However as nice as the Lian Li case looks, id rather get something cheaper incase i butcher the case while modding it lol. But ill have to try lookin around the local pc shops where i am right now and keep lookin on craigslist.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to jfenwick Send a message via MSN to jfenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh View Post
right now i can just buy w/e so really the budget does not exist. However as nice as the Lian Li case looks, id rather get something cheaper incase i butcher the case while modding it lol. But ill have to try lookin around the local pc shops where i am right now and keep lookin on craigslist.
Yeah, keep checking the local mom and pop shops, I just walked into one yesterday and bought a couple old Antec full tower cases, all steel, for $0.99, they were miss labeled as AT cases, I didn't say anything, just tossed em in the cart and straight to the cash, they will make a great case mod for later in the summer.

As also mentioned, craigslist is good to.

[edit]Just noticed one of you're links are canadian, where you at, if you're in the toronto area PM me and I'll send you the store info where I got them, there were still 2 left[/edit]
Old 06-11-2008, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

****, right now im in calgary for the summer working, but normally i reside in nova scotia. But i may stop in to toronto some point in the summer to shop or w/e. Ill find some ma and pa shops around the calgary area to go to on my next set of days off.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to jfenwick Send a message via MSN to jfenwick

Yeah...if you don't find anything let me know when you're on your way through toronto, like i said I have two of them so unless things go horribly wrong with my mod you can probably have the second.

Closed Thread