New mobo. reformat neccasary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
i plan on getting this mobo mainly for overclocking better:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131538
it looks like this will be all i nead to overclock further i beleive i can get my cpu to about 3.7 with the cooling i have now 4x80mm and 1x120mm and it idles around 32c since the temperature is so hot around here but im gonna prolly put in an air conditioned room hopefuly.
Now after i get the new mobo will i have to reformat my hard drive or will it be as simple as installing the mobo and drivers?

well.... what would happen if i didnt reformat? it wouldnt work or it would work but sucky?

timmer said:
well.... what would happen if i didnt reformat? it wouldnt work or it would work but sucky?
Most likely VERY buggy, it is not worth it. Back up data, and reformat, come on, its fun :D

Guess you could find that out the hard way if you REALLY wanted to know :D

It's just best so drivers from a previous board don't interfere and cause issues later

Try without formatting. Mostly works. If not you can format. Try it and u can save urself a hell of a lot of time. Backup first.

Yes, if you have windows xp, it works SOMETIMES. I have tried. It cant hurt to just try.

I did it 4 times without any trouble.
My current XP was installed in 3 different systems.
IBM Pentium2 400MHz
Athlon XP 1600+
and when I switched mobo for 1600+.

well ill tell u what im reallly sick of reformating and all that balogne but yea it was un the first 15 times no joke. but yea im in the process of backing stuff up i just had to order some more dvd-r so when my computer ever messes up i dont have to put it in other computers and i dont use all the stuff soo yea i guess ill reformat
thnx guyz!
and what do u think about the mobo??
1066fsb baby ill have to get some dual core action goin on when it gets big!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom