New hardrives Pc keeps shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragan

Baseband Member
Hi Guys i just built a pc a while ago is had 2 80gighardrives but now i have 6 and my pc keeps shutting down here the specs

Ipex t400 case the whole thing is full!!!
6 Hardrive
1.60GIG
2.80GIG
3.160GIG
4.40GIG
5.80GiG
6. 200GIG

Amd Athlon 2400+ never been overclocked
768Mb Ram
Sony 4x dvd burner
winfast 2000 Tv tuner card
8 case fan 6exhaust 2 intake

The Problem with my pc is that all the 6 hardrives are touching each other and the case temp is some where near 53C and da cpu is about 48C When there was only 2 hardrives my pc temp was Case23C CPU 23C Now since i installed an extra 4 hardrives
the temp is high and my pc keeps shuttin down i have a 500 watt powersupply and my case fans and my dvd burner run off a seperate Power supply wich is 350watt I have wasted alot of money on this project and now i need desperate help my case is so heavy that my desk is squeaking every time i move it and my first 2 hardrives are full and i need the storage space if you know wat i mean i got 120Gig of music im making an archive of all the music artists A to Z and i have not even finished A yet so if anyone got any ideas please bring them foward

First of all put your computer on the floor before you damage something :)

Second it is clear that your case requires extreme cooling, 25C is an average case temperature with that amount of fans.

You should definitely invest in external hard drives or at least get yourself an extra case to move hard drives accross. It is not a good idea to have hard drives that close together.

Bleh.. dont put your case on the floor where dust is even worse, maybe one of the drives is going bad or is bad, everytime that drive is acessed it's possible that it could crash your pc.

Kangaroo said:
First of all put your computer on the floor before you damage something :)

Second it is clear that your case requires extreme cooling, 25C is an average case temperature with that amount of fans.

You should definitely invest in external hard drives or at least get yourself an extra case to move hard drives accross. It is not a good idea to have hard drives that close together.

I have 2 in / 1 out and I get 25c case temp, is that good?

25W per hard drive... I worked it out and it seems your PSU is well within limits... providing it isn't a cheap PSU.

ASUS Recommends.
Under-rated POWER SUPPLIES

If the max amps on your supply are less than:

28A +3.3v, 32A +5v and 16A +12v then you need a better one IN MOST CASES. This is not always true and is dependent on how much hardware is in your rig. You may not have an issue now but overdrawing a power supply that is working today can lead to problems down the road and if/when that supply fails it can and will take out other components with it when it dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom