New gaming rig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBebop26

In Runtime
Alright so I've finally gotten off my butt and I actually took out a loan, yes a loan, to build this rig. Tell me what you guys think about this one.

Motherboard
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe (SBIOS = 1001)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ / Socket 939
Video Card(s)
eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX/BX x2
Power Supply
Enermax EG701AX Noisetaker 600watt
CPU Cooling
Thermaltake Heatpipe 101, Model "CL-P0006"
CPU to Heatsink Gel
PcToys Arctic Silver 5
RAM
Patriot 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory
Fan Controller
Vantec Nexus 3.5" Multi-Channel Fan Controller (Black)

Everything else I already have, ie. HDD's, CD/DVD burner drivers, ect. I went over my limit by a bit but I think this will satisfiy me for a good while.

-Ryan

here's the real truth of what i think (don't take any offense, most, or all, of what i say is true though)

1.) that asus board is really buggy, DFI lanparty is much better
2.) you can't even feel the difference between 3200+ and 4000+; in fact, the 3200+ will overclock way better than the 4000 and can easily past its speeds, you should of gotten a 3200+
3.) what is that video card? if you got a eVGA 6800GT, then hurray, it's probably the best choice, since the 6800nu isn't very good and the 6800ultra is just a waste of money IMO unless you have crazy cooling such as liquid nitrogen or phase change
4.) a zalman 7700-cu will run much cooler than that TT heatpipe cooler
5.) arctic silver5 is teh best thermal paste
6.) you don't need a fan controller
7.) you really don't need a fan controller unless you decide to have a lot of fans in your case
8.) what kind of ram is that? regular patriot? XBL? it's probably patriot regular value ram, they'll work fine, but don't expect to OC like the expensive rams
9.) enermax is a very good psu company

I was reading up on the Asus motherboard in a magazine or was it online? Anyways I heard/read that it was one of the best for SLI. What bugs are you talking about though?

The Zalman, is this the one your talking about?

Also I havn't gotten it yet, I'm going to start buying either this weekend or Monday. :)

Thanks for the advice/help!

-Ryan

Also I think the thing I like about the 4000+ is the fact that it is 939, that is also why I like the Asus board. Though the DFI is also a 939, its just the ability to upgrade if the Dual-Cores ever become more stable and well flat out better.

-Ryan

3000+ to 4000+ are all 939's, do your research first

the 3200+/3500+ is better than the 4000+

both the asus and dfi can upgrade to dual-core, what are you talking about? the dfi board is way more stable and isn't buggy like the asus (the asus has lots of problems)

and yes, that's the zalman i'm talking about

Woah, just asking. Anyways, there is one that is 754, also what I was also looking at is the L2 Cache, the 3200+ is only 512, where as the 4000+ is 1Mb. I see where you are coming from with overclocking though. Also what bugs does the Asus have?

-Ryan

I would suggest DFI first, but ASUS isn't bad contrary to diablo. They make quality boards just like DFI.

algu7344 said:
I would suggest DFI first, but ASUS isn't bad contrary to diablo. They make quality boards just like DFI.

Yes Asus makes quality boards, but that particular Asus board is supposed to be buggy and I've heard about that too.

that asus board would be good if it wasn't buggy

also, where are you shopping bebop? at one of those shitty online build it your self places that have nothing?

there's a socket 754 and 939 cpu for 3000+ to the 4000+, the 3200/3500 happen to be better than the others

IMO you just wasted a lot of money on lots of unnecessary stuff

for example, if you bought the better 3200 instead of the 4000, then you could have gotten yourself a pair of kickass ram to oc the hell outta your cpu and could have achieve high speeds with a zalman 7700-cu

That is true, could I ask somthing real quick, with the DFI Lanparty board, what is up with the sound output? How it is not attached.

Also I made up my mind, I am going to go with the DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-D nForce4 Socket 939, thanks for your help/advice!

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom