New fan mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

odie072

Baseband Member
I have a Thermaltake Xaser III that I would like to upgrade the case fans on. It currently has 7 80mm fans of which I am using 6. 2 intake on the front, 2 intake on the side, 2 exhaust on the back and 1 exhaust on the top (which I'm not using). The problems are: they are old, each one has a power wire, which really clutters up the inside and they are noisy. What I am thinking is 3 120mm fans, one intake in front, one intake on side and one exhaust on back. If possible I would like to do away with the one on top. I have a dremel tool and am pretty handy with it. What advice could you offer as I have never done any case modding before?? I don't care for any lights on the fans and would like to keep the cost low, but not cheap. Also the side is partially clear, partially steel. Should I put the side intake directly over the cpu fan?? What problems could I run into with drilling/cutting the clear part on the side??

Next question, when I upgraded my MB, I bought a new heatsink w/fan (a zalman cnp9500a), but because my MB was small it wouldn't fit, so I just cleaned my old heatsink (a Thermaltake polo735). Now I would like to upgrade the fan on the heatsink because it is old and LOUD. It is an 80mm fan and I assume that a regular 80mm would fit. What would you get to replace it?? It doesn't matter if it has lights or not.

Forgot to ask, where is a good place to buy the fans online??

Thanks in advance for any info.

odie072

Hey, aspire, that link takes me to a godaddy page. I typed in xtremesystems and found a .com, but I can't find anything about liquid cooling. Is that on the forum? The forum I found must be updating because I can't get anywhere on it. I really would like to read that guide, though.

thanks

odie072

Thanks, aspire. The linked worked and that did explain a lot.
I'm going to start a new thread in the appropriate room as I have a few more questions about a heatsink fan.

odie072

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom