new error with the pc i just built

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
Okay i had an irq error prior to loading xp and it wouldnt work so I lowered the dram frequency from 166 to 133 and it worked better then ever. I got xp and all the rest of the drivers loaded. Then last night when u turn it on everything u would hear boot up but nothing would go on the screen. So you restart by turning it off then back on manually and it would work. Then when you go to turn it off it would not turn off it would just go to a screen with your wallpaper and all you could do was move the mouse. Now after trying to turn it on the same way plus when it does it gets to saying that you have to repair windows xp because of a config system32 file missing. I reallly dont know whats up with this now.

okay now it has same error i started with to begin and thats the irq_not_less_or_equal during install. I guess changing the memory speed was a temporary fix. any suggestions or help before i take it down somewhere and feel stupid having someone else fix my work.

if its asking to find a missing file just put you os disc in and direct to it
it happens evry time you start ?
just a black srceen?
or do you have a welcome sign ?

Okay well right now nothing is loaded the only thing there is a empty partition. So when i try to load xp files wont load and it gets through most of it until it comes up to irq_not_less_or_equal. I had the problem when i started to build this pc, then i lowered the dram frequency from 166 too 133mhz and it worked great. So now i dont what to do i dont want to take it back to frys and have them look at me like im an idiot even though the parts they sold me were not compatible with each other apparently. Because the place is huge and i didnt want to look for the parts so i asked the guy to get me everything i need like i had no idea what i needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom