New Cooler for 8800GTX. Very high clocks and very low temps! (Over 13.1k in 3DM06!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Cooler for 8800GTX. Very high clocks and very low temps! (Over 13.1k in 3DM06

^^True, I thought my rig was a bit loud :) That thing sounds like a jet engine starting up, but your rig does look badass with that cooler.

Re: New Cooler for 8800GTX. Very high clocks and very low temps! (Over 13.1k in 3DM06

The ridges are designed for a 92mm

besides, I think you'd have a hard job fitting one in under the PCIe slot. That thing is HUGGGE. Deffo not for SLI users

Actually, it is for SLI users. You can flip the cooler so it wraps around the card and with my water cooling, there's plenty of room under the CPU (no HSF in the way).

It is ALOT bigger than the stock, however.

The 90mm fan was required, as the slot or grooves on the sink only allow a 90mm. I wanted the best of the best as far as fans go, and for 90mm that was it!

And mgcook, this thing will cool just as well, if not better than water with the 120CFM. If I added a very hot GPU to my moderately hot CPU loop, it would have increased my temps all around which would have been bad. Also, I didn't have the money as I wouldn't buy the 100$$ block without buying more coolant, and another 120mm rad.I could have easily spent another 200 on the water solution, or I can spend 76 bucks on a badass looking heatsink/fan set up (including ramsinks and AS5) and not affect my other components.

I've already gotten quite used to the fan, it doesn't bother me a bit I've always been adaptable. Plus, whenever I'm sitting at my computer, 99% of the time I'll be wearing my noise canceling headphones which makes the fan invisible to me. And anyways, in a week or two I'll be getting one of those cooler master LCD card readers which will control that fan, and my quad fan radiator, so when I'm in 2D mode, it will be silent again :p

Thanks for the comments ^^ Anyone notice the bootup times on this monster? Also the lighting control mod on the front :p

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I flashed my 8800GTX's BIOS last night over to the overclocked core, memory, and shader clock speeds (A bit higher than the 8800Ultra Superclocked edition's, and 30°C Cooler :p). Perfectly stable and happy, and I no longer have to boot up ATI tool or nTune or have it run in startup ect. Seamless overclock, just like the CPU, just like it should be :p

could you still use sli with that on.. cuz that looks space hungry

what is that very small chip? The one all the way to the left of the graphics card? What is that?

That's the "HSI Chip". Not sure what it does, but I know it generates a fair amount of heat to require AS5 and it's own mini heat synk.

My assumption is that it controls the I/O of the board to the screen, it should also be some sort of SLI controller? Not sure.. And NOS, my post before this one addresses the SLI and size issue.

I got it for free because it came with my Hi def audio card, which I also got for free because it came packaged with my Striker Extreme :p

with that budget, should have got a waterblock, but its a dam good gpu cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom