New computer time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

Beta member
Its time for me to get a new computer mine is getting way to old. This time though I decided I would build it myself. This is going to be the first computer I have built from scratch. I have updated many computers before but never started from scratch. I could use some advice I haven't decided the processor yet either p4 3.0 or AMD 2800xp. I could use help with what motherboards would be good for those to processors. The rest of the system will be the same no matter what processor I get. Could use any help thanks

asus or abit are about your best bets right now. very stable and easily overclocked.

Abit's are really nice for P4's IF you can find one.... i couldnt find one in my area... Why get a 3.0? just get a 2.8 or 2.6 and oc it. if your on a budget i think it could save you a little bit of dough...

For a first computer (my personal opinion) i would reccomend the CP technologies i865APE Mainboard....... If you can find it.. i got mine at a computer show and i love it... it comes with a large selection of software including software to flash the bios, and to change the boot logo.... only problem with the board is when you first get it you MAY have to update the bios... because mine was out of date but now that i updated it, I love it even more. It is easy to oc, and also has software OCing if you dont want to do bios ocing.

www.powercolor.com.tw <= website of mainboard manufacturer

id recommend an AMD ATHLON i got one the 2500 and its the first computer that i built im 16 btw. Just be careful when applying the heatsink to not put in on an angle or the wrong way. But since its your first time, you could go with Pentium4 very nice performace too, and its almost no risk cpu/.heatsink install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom