New computer, keep restarting?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

un655

Solid State Member
Ok I need your help guys, I just built a new computer and when I turn it on, the fans and everything else runs but after about 5 seconds it turns off, the turns back on. It keeps on doing this until I finally turn it off. What could be my problem? The power supply? Motherboard? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try swapping out the motherboard first(if available), and then try another motherboard(if available).

Yeah I thought about the power supply too but I put another one in there and it did the same thing. I'm going to try to buy another motherboard tomorrow.

Now my computer has totally stopped powering on for those few seconds, now when I press the power button there is a low buzzing sound coming from the processor...could my processor be the problem or my mother board?

Ok I took everything apart and started putting it back together again. I can have everything powered up and going but when I connect the power supply to the 12v connector for the CPU is when it starts rebooting itself. What's going on? Is there anyway I can fix this?

Probably not, either the connector part on the PSU is dead or the connector part on the motherboard is dead. And you said that you already switched the PSU, so I would guess motherboard next, and if that doesnt work than your processor is faulty.

Do you think a better PSU would work? The one I have came with the case. And the other PSU I tried was only a 300w

I got a 350 Antec Power supply and now everything runs even with the 12v connected but nothing is displayed on the monitor..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom