New Computer, Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangy

Beta member
Hello, I'm planning in getting a new computer for when I start school again in September. The computer is mostly going to be used for drawing, graphic design, CGing and possibly even 3D modelling (depends how my course goes I guess.) This is my first time picking out parts for a PC (And then I'm going to have my sister's friend build it for me since my sister is getting a new PC too) and I hope for some input on what's good and what's not. I'm on a very limited budget (The PC cannot cost be over 1000 Canadian). I'm only buying the machine, so no mouse or monitor or whatnot.

Motherboard: Asus P5P800S Intel 848 Socket 775
CPU: Intel P 4 530, 3.0 GHz, 1MB L2, 800 MHz FSB, Socket LGA775
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB or ATI All-In-Wonder 9600XT 128MB
Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 200GB
Memory: Kingmax 1GB (2X512MB)

Thanks for your input!

im not sure if this is the same with 3D Modelling or Drawing, but in gaming an Nvidia 6600GT is a much better performer and better value then either of the cards you have chosen

Also you have forgotten to include a case and Power Supply and a Cd/Dvd Drive

mcslave said:
im not sure if this is the same with 3D Modelling or Drawing, but in gaming an Nvidia 6600GT is a much better performer and better value then either of the cards you have chosen

Also you have forgotten to include a case and Power Supply and a Cd/Dvd Drive

9800Pro saves a nice 80$ CDN however

Seems good, I prefer AMD over intel however

DJ-CHRIS said:
9800Pro saves a nice 80$ CDN however

Seems good, I prefer AMD over intel however

yeah same with me, i have always had more sucess with amd and more problems with intel. AMD may be better for the type of graphic design you are attempting to do. The 9800PRO is a good ATI card but i prefer the 6800GT but since your on a 1000 canadian budget the 6600 will do.

as for mobos, i'd go with the DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom