New Computer Finished! Temps/ Minor OC results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
Ok guys, the time has finally came! My computer is finally finished! It took me and a friend awhile to built it. I ended up finding out my RAM dident work. I have no idea why. It even states on the RAM, AMD 64/FX-55. So i have 1GB of value RAM in my system. A friend let me borrow it. Yes its PC3200. Im really pissed about the RAM situation though. But oh well.

When we first setup my system, we only had my heatsink and tornado running. Thats all the cooling we had running. I checked my temps then. At that point, it was at 54 degrees celcius, CPU. My SYS was at 50 degrees celcius. While the PWM was pretty much the same. Then at the end of everything, we added my fans. My processor runs at 2.456ghz stock on this mobo.

So i installed everything, (cooling). And i OC it a litle. First when i tured my computer on, you can hear massive fans. My temps originally were at 54 cecius, now they are at 22 degrees celcius. At idle my cpu temp Idle 20 degrees ceclius. I OC my processor to 2.588ghz. I wont be doing more, since its soo new. I will have pitures for everyone tomm!

Yea.. my buddie's old rig didn't have a single fan. Whoever built it was evidentily insane. We added two case fans, and it ran alot better since.

22c??? that's the craziest temps i've seen for air-cooling. got any pics of your setup?

Based on those temperatures I have great confidence that with a bit of work you may be able to achieve 3Ghz with the 4000+.

Word of advice though, it's better to let all the parts "warm-up" for about a week before you start increasing voltage. It basically increases the life of parts, make it easier to OC, and gives things like thermal paste a chance to set it.

The easiest way to break it in would be to run something like prime95 every night once you go to bed methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom