New computer build..ordering tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

brylax23

In Runtime
alrighty i have finally figured out my new pc and just want to make sure everything will fit and work properly together. I'm ordering all this tomorrow so any problems you see just tell me plz..ty

Case-
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-150-017&depa=1

Power Supply-
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-153-022&depa=0

Motherboard-
DFI "LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D" NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra Chipset

CPU-
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz

CPU Cooler-
ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu Copper CPU Cooler

Memory-
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series

Video Card-
EVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card

Sound Card-
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition PCI Sound Card

Speakers-
Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 THX Certified Speaker System

Thermal Paste-
Arctic Silver Premium Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound

Hard Drive-
Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

DVD Burner-
NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive

you can just not get the sound card and upgrade to a X800XL cuz IMO the sound card won't increase your sound that much

everything else looks good (if u got the extra $20 or something you can order the antec slk3000B case)

you might want to look into a better case. considering your getting the dfi lanparty which is probably one of the coolest looking mobo's to look at did you know the bright parts are uv reactive and will glow in uv light, your power supply has an led fan, i think you should get a better looking case with better cooling, a window and some bling to it. but thats just my opinion and ya get rid of the sound card dfi lanparty has like the best onboard sound you can get

Yeah....spending that money on a audigy 2 wont help nearly as much as upgrading to a x800xl......and also,you are planning on modding that case right? isnt too sexy of a case IMO, but i guess if you dont care, or even like the looks of it that case shouldnt be a prob....If I was you, I would get a cooler looking case, and make sure it has tool-less features, and maybe motherboard tray that you can take out......other than that, nice setup! Should be a beast! ;)

i already got the sound card today @ best buy for only 80 bucks..about the case give me some suggestions on a good looking that has good airflow...i picked that ugly ass case because ppl say it has good airflow..nothing over 50 bucks if possible

Well I suggested that case because I don't like cool-looking cases, they cost more and they're just for display. That case already has a removable mobo tray. And it does have good cooling.
Why are you all suggesting he not get a sound card? You do realize he's getting a 5.1 THX certified speaker system? I think getting a good system like that you darn well better have a good sound card to boot. Otherwise that will just sound like crap on onboard sound.
Aspire, you are way too much into bling. It's all about how the computer runs, not about how it looks imo. Although I think the case actually looks nice and sleek myself. I've got a blue LED fan in the back and it makes a cool pattern on the wall through the holes. And if you have some cathodes in there you can see them through the side and top fan anf through all the holes. But if you really want to see inside the case obviously you would have to find one with a side window.

Oh, it does? Sorry then, and all I was doing was suggesting a diff case, in case he likes cooler looking cases....But if he doesnt want a case that looks like that, he could always choose his own. I never said not to get one, just said he didn't have to spend that much on a sound card, which ive used cheap 24bit live cards that played music very well IMO. The money he saves from not paying all that on a souncard he could have got a better video card, although not sure if he would WANT one since I haven't heard him saying anything about gaming, which if its not a gaming pc, then getting the better sound card would be nice........Guess it doesnt matter if he already has a card......I think how a computer runs is top priority, but that doesn't mean you can't have a cool looking case too does it?

one thing i agree with dale is that the "bling" and lights and stuff on cases are crap

it's all about the features, airflow, and build quality, and that's why i suggested my antec slk3000b; it's by far not the best looking case, but the quality is good and the airflow is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom