New comp won't recognize Network or sound card/onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
New comp won't recognize sound card/onboard

My problem is that my computer absolutely refuses to play sound with anything but the case speaker. I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZC in the PCI slot, but that isn't working because apparently I am short a cable. There is a "CD" slot and an "AUX" slot on my mobo for the sound device, but I only have 1 cable that looks to fit accurately into the slot. I have another wire that fits, but it looks like something for another slot, it has 4 pins just as the sound card/mobo interface does, but only 3 of the 4 connections has a metal connecter, and it has a different shape and on one end says "Best."
If just 1 cable wil be all I need for the generic stuff, what do I plug my correct cable into for it to work? If not, where can I get another one of those cables? (I've looked everywhere to make sure I don't have another.)

Now this wouldn't be too crucial, but I have left the above connections out and plugged the outside speaker connectors into the ONBOARD audio ports and I STILL have no sound abilities, even in volume control it is constantly grayed out and says there is "No Audio Device." It should be noted that when I tried to use onboard Audio I DID still have the sound card plugged into the PCI slot, but nowhere else.

Please help! :(

Installing motherboard drivers allowed me to have sound and internet, but I still need to know where to put the sound card cords and how many I need.
Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom