New Comp...tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
I have just managed to save up about $800, and I have selected all that I think is what I need. Here are the specs and any advice or tips would help me out GREATLY. thx.

CPU - Intel P4 3.0GHz w/HT Tech

Mobo - Asus P4PE-Xi845PE

RAM - Corsair 512MB PC3200 DDR DIMM

Power - Antec Trueblue 480W ATX

HD - Maxtor Diamond Max Plus9 80GB

Video - ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 9600

Sound - Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS

Suprisingly, these parts together cost just about $800, unless I'm missing something.

I would go with a better motherboard - something that has a newer chipset than the 845 and can run an 800 MHz FSB (4 DIMM slots could be nice for future upgrades also). You might want to buy a pair of 256 MB RAM instead of one stick of 512 so you can run in dual channel mode. You're also going to need a CD/DVD drive (and maybe a floppy drive, I still use mine) and you didn't mention a case.

The IC7 Max3 is nice but a bit expensive (about $100 more than the Asus board Regulus is looking at). Personally I use the IC7-G Max2 and have had no problems with it.

I'm not worried about a case right now...first I just wanna get all the junk together and be sure I have everthing I need before putting it in a case. But if you got any suggestions on a cheap, cool, and good quality chassis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom