New Comp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBerger

Baseband Member
Ok, first here are the parts that I selected for my new comp.
AMD 64 3200+ winchester
Sapphire x850xt pci express
CHAINTECH VNF4 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
seagate barracuda 250 gb harddrive
nec dvd burner
Coolermaster centurion case
Antec true power 430 w power supply.
2x512 kingston pc 3200 ram

Now, the power supply is a 20 pin connector and the mobo a 24 pin connector. I didnt realize this when i ordered them or when i connected it. when i tried to boot it up yesterday, i would get no signal to the monitor. Now i didnt know that you could put the 20 pin into the top 20 of the mobo, and leave the bottom open. so when i first powered it, i had the 20 pin power supply somewhere in the middle with two on the top and two on the bottom. Do you think this is what killed my motherboard, and responsible for my comp not giving a signal to the monitor? or would it be a dead video card or ram. Please help

sounds like you need to get the other 4 connectors and they have psu testers you can see and not enough voltage couldnt contribute to killing your mobo i wouldnt think unless u had the 20 in the last 4 and the first 16 that might cause a problem maybe? but not sure
and the ram wouldnt of done anything or the vid card cuz the mobo didnt have power to start the cpu

the cpu did power up though. and i have an adapter for 20/24 pin, but i orginally tried to power it on with the power supply plugged into the wrong configuration on the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom