New Case, Watercooling, Overclock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
Ok so im planning to upgrade my case and put in watercooling soon. i know its huge but i was thinkin of going with a cm stacker. if not i want a at least semi large case that have the hd bays facing back not towards the windows so i can put the pump up front under the hds and in front of the fan. i would then take it to my rad, which would go to a dangerden rdx i think it is which has 3 barbs. i would intake in the center and since it has 2 outlets 1 would go to each vid card. so far ok? and then i was going to put a y from card outs to cool the chipset and then to res then back to pump. i thought this was a good setup i just need to know what case i should get and also what watercooling components would be good. my system is in my sig so any help would be great. also, i want to overclock most of my system. i want my vid cards to be both ultra which i can do with air but i dont know what program to use could anyone tell me a program that will for sure overclock both cards in sli? and i want to overclock my cpu a bit and possibly my ram. i dont want it to be so much that its like omg nice just a bit so its like o thats cool ya know just so ill see a bit of perf. gain. sorry im rambling its 5:32 in the morning lol but i just need to know what u guys think of the setup and what components both water and case i should get. i am not wanting to go with a prebuilt water system btw i want to do it myself so i get all i want. i would like to keep the whole thing sorta cheap just good:) thx sorry sorta long and crappy sentances and stuff o well. thx

which would go to a dangerden rdx i think it is which has 3 barbs
RBX ;)

The TDX will perform roughly the same and have less strain on the CPU from having 3 hoses on it, and is generally much less hassle unless you're just completely content on going that way.

TDX or RBX for the CPU

MAZE4 GPU block (they do have blocks to cover the whole card and memory but memory doesn't even get hot some ramsinks will be more than fine, and beyond that you'd be losing performance on the GPU's cooling...plus they are like $125 vs $50 for a maze4

Chipset cooling isn't even needed dude, I wouldn't bother unless you just really want to. Besides lookin at that board you wouldn't even be able to fit water cooling with tubes on that chipset.

Danger Den D4 pump (Also called Swiftech MCP650) or the AquaXtreme 50Z

Tygon 1/2" tubing

Reservoir of your choice

Clamps

for the water you can just use distilled water with a 10% mixture of Zerex in the line (found at autoshops) to kill bacteria, prevent rust, etc..etc..

alright cool yeah i wasnt gonna get the ones that covedr the whole block cause for the price i can get 2 normal ones. u think ram sinks will be fine even if i oc my ram too? i was thinkin agout that swiftech pump u suggested so yeah. i knew i wanted 1/2" tubing as well cause not only does it move water a bit quicker, the bigger tubing just looks cool:) so yeah how much you think that would cost all together?

u think ram sinks will be fine even if i oc my ram too?
Yeah as I said, RAM doesn't even get hot, and people who have cooled it report minor gains in MHz, if at all sometimes. talking like 5Mhz sometimes 10 if you're lucky.

Get some OCZ Copper ramsinks or some Tweakmonster RAMsinks....tweakmonster are supposed to be the best, nickel plated copper, but it's hard to say, both look like they'd do a good job. The Tweakmonsters just 'look' cooler too though.

RBX + MAZE4(x2) + MCP650 + 302 'Weapon Core' = Approx $300

Of course that's without tubing, fans to go on the heatercore, clamps, and a resveroir....figure in about another $50 for that stuff.

When I say "Weapon core" you just need to go to xtremesystems.org and PM a dude named "Weapon" he mods a 77 bonneville heatercore with 5/8" barbs (slightly bigger than 1/2", but good 1/2" tygon tubing will stretch over it), and he also makes a custom CNC machined shroud, approx $75 depending on if you want the heatercore painted or not. His heatercore is better than any radiator out there that's just as expensive.

Sooo overall you're lookin at $350+

ok nice cause i was hoping to be able to get that wc and the case for around 500 or less than 600 so that is perfect thanks alot man i would have ended up getting tottally wrondg stuff and spending way over what i should have i dont know much about watercooling so im glad that i come here:D

so you think i could get all the watercooling main stuff from like voyeurmods.com or crazypc.com and then talk to that guy about that hc then there is a store here with that case for 125 so yeah just get back to me if you know a good site that is pretty good with all the stuff i need besides the heatercore from xtremesystems.org thx

ok so im looking on frozencpu.com and i added it all up witout the heatercore which you said was 75$ and the whole thing without fans is $463.90 so i think for 500 i would be able to get all the fans and dye and all that that i need/want to make this work well. thanks for your help man. also i wnated to dye the water, what all do i need to dye and all that cause you had said to also use zerex, which i have no clue about lol i dont know anything like what it is but ill go to autozone to see so yeah thznks alot i can get that hopefully in a week :D

when i do get it i will post pics and results, also ill be getting a new ps soon so that will be ithere too:D

ok so im looking on voyeurmods.com and i need to know if i need the brass or acetel maze 4 gpu block..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom