New Case, No Boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Daemon Poster
Well a friend of mine just bough a new case Antech Lanboy 350, we changed all his gear into in and now it doesnt boot.

hmmm specs are:

p4s800
2.4Ghz p4
120 HD
6600gt AGP.
1gb shit ram.

The monitor turns on for about 5 seconds then it goes into standby mode.

Got any ideas?

well atm it doesn't post at all. we've tried just using barebones, with 1 stick of ram, 6600GT and no ide devices, and it still doesn't post. we've run out of ideas, and the local computer shop doesn't seem to be able to help over the phone.

So it doesn't turn on at ALL?
Like.. the Power supply doesn't even turn on? Or the power supply turns on, but nothing shows up on the screen with no beeps?

That could be a RAM problem. Try to find any backup RAM, or if you dont have one, just buy one so that you can use for the future. Just buy like $20 256mb RAM and test it out.

Seen this a few times.

Unplug your PSU from your board and every things.
Press the on button a few times.
Plug your PSU back in and see what happens.

Simon said:
and the local computer shop doesn't seem to be able to help over the phone.
With the fact that they are making bugger all margin, a lot of them don't.

Harper said:
Seen this a few times.

Unplug your PSU from your board and every things.
Press the on button a few times.
Plug your PSU back in and see what happens.

With the fact that they are making bugger all margin, a lot of them don't.

Just told him to do this over the fone, and no luck.

Yea, but we bought it from that PC shop we called.

Even if you try to start a computer with NO RAM in it, the MB will beep at you. So I dont think it could be the ram. Is the mobo hooked up to the power right? all connectors plugged in that need to be? Since its all the same hardware and you just changed cases, this is pretty weird. I really have no idea. Let us know if you figure out what it is. My only gues is something is not seated or connected properly. Make sure the graphics card is seated and has power connected if it needs it. I have a feeling its something with the GFX card.

Tro1086 said:
Even if you try to start a computer with NO RAM in it, the MB will beep at you. So I dont think it could be the ram. Is the mobo hooked up to the power right? all connectors plugged in that need to be? Since its all the same hardware and you just changed cases, this is pretty weird. I really have no idea. Let us know if you figure out what it is. My only gues is something is not seated or connected properly. Make sure the graphics card is seated and has power connected if it needs it. I have a feeling its something with the GFX card.

Everything pluged and checked 100X of times.
Tried multiple graphics cards.

Thanks anyway. :cool:

Im the guy that own this Pimping machine, well its not pimping right now but....... Im gonna take it in to the computer shop tommrw see wht they say hopfully something small.....

Thanks guys..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom