New case, moving everything over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PILMAN

In Runtime
I've decided to buy a new case for my computer. I haven't worked on my computer for about a year now and am pretty low on money. I know how to pretty much hook up everything except the "power led" lights. My question is what are my chances I will screw something up and fry the mobo? I haven't messed with it in a while and the asus p4c800 deluxe has so many connections that I'm a bit concerned about. My other question is the screws. How tight is too tight?

Also was wondering about conserving space in my case. My current case is a mess of wires, is there anything I can do (especially with the power cables from power supply) to clamp the wires or put them in some kind of fitting to make my case appear clean? Thanks.

As for the putting everything back together part, you should refer to the mobo's manual for all the connectings and stuff. Its like riding a bike, you never forget. The mobo screws dont have to be too tight. Maybe just enough for it to stay in the case and should not move up or down. if you double check your work and all of the connections you shouldn't fry the mobo. for cleaning up the cables, you might want to get some quick ties.

I wouldent worry about frying your mobo. There are different cables you can buy, for more room, but im sure you wont want to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom