New Case Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
Ok I will be getting my Thermaltake Armor in the mail in like 3 days, so I need to prepare for some mods I am gonna do right off the bat. I was gonna paint the inside and also change the fan leds. Two questions what should I look for at radio shack for the leds to change them for blue to green, obviously new leds but anything exact on them, also I am wondering should I sand down the inside of the case when I paint it?

ah, dont use radio shack leds! Theyre **** leds and are EXTREMELY dim, about 20mcd, where normal leds are 3,000+ mcd. Plus theyre a buck or two a pop, whereas you can get 100 leds for 10 bux (ebay). If you want individual ones, theyre like $.20 an led. You wont need resistors becuase blue and green leds need 3.3v, wheras red leds need 2.1v. As for your paint question, if you want the inside super smooth, put a coat of primer, sand w/ 800 drit sand paper, another coat of primer, sand w/ 1000 grit sand paper, coat of primer, sand w/ 2000 grit sand paper. For an incredible finish, after every coat AFTER you prime, wet sand with 2000 grit sand paper then do a coat or two of clear. I honestly dont know why you would put that much work into the inside of the case, but its your choice :D

Ok thanks guys, I will be getting my case in about 3 or so days, I will attempt to swap the leds out for green ones, I am gonna go to home depot and buy some paint, I am thinkng about using auto paint but I am sure krylon will be just as good, I am gonna clear coat it as well. I donno if I should prime the inside if it is that much of a big deal or not.I will post pictures.

hey i just got done painting my case, i went with the metallic black auto paint and it looks beautiful. it really goes good with the leds and uv reactive parts..

i have pics if you are considering black but dont know what it would look like or somthing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom